Maggie Jones

Dedicated Member
Hello all. I'm a new member of the Forum so please forgive me if I'm not too sure how to use all the features.

I recently took early retirement and this had allowed me to watch loads of episodes of LOTSW during the day - something of a novelty for me! I really appreciate the humour and fun of this wonderful series. The scenery is fabulous and is so like the area surrounding the Brecon Beacon and mid Wales. So beautiful. Well I'll stop now but hope to speak to you all over the coming weeks.

Regards. Maggie Jones

Hello Dick. Thanks for the reply. I'm glad to have found this Forum so I can ask you questions about this lovely series. I've watched it for years but it's only since I've 'matured' that I"ve really appreciated it as much as I do now. I'm not sure how to post a photo for my profile - can anyone help? Thanks.

:unsure:The more tech minded will probably be pleased to help you Maggie. I am afraid I failed Meccano and also Toaster :thumbsdown::confused:

Hello John and Dick. You wouldn't think that until March of this year I worked on two computer screens at the same time for 8 hours a day! I must have forgotten more than I knew. Thanks once again for welcoming me. I'm looking for info about visiting Holmfirth soon. Perhaps someone can advise?

I believe that Ivy (Jane Freeman) is a Welsh woman as well - originally from Merthyr Tydfil so there's a little bit of a Welsh connection. Babysitting tonight so offline now. Speak soon. Nos Da.

Greets and Welcome to the forums, Maggie. Glad you found our little corner of the web and are fond of a TV show that we hold dear.

I believe you can change your picture in the profile section. Think it must be within a certain pixel size.

Cheers,
Rick

Welcome Maggie, It's always great to have new members especially female variety this lot, though friendly, need a firm hand. Welcome aboard, just shout if you need any help.

Hello Maggie ,

A very warm welcome to the forum I do hope you enjoy your time and I look forward to your contributions . In addition to looking at the threads I would suggest you look at the photographs which you can access from the Home tab by scrolling down to the photo section , the Summerwine Map is also of interest as it shows the locations where the show is shot should you be planning any trips to the area . I do hope you are enjoying your retirement . :)

Hi Maggie. Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it. As pearl said it's great having another female on here to keep these male person's in check!!

Hello Everyone! Thanks for the great welcome! I will have a good look at the photos this evening. In the meantime, I watched 2 episodes this morning on Gold TV and just loved them. I am enjoying retirement although it seems a strange feeling having all this time for myself after rushing for so many years but I do love my daily dose of LOTSW on Gold. Perhaps us females need to copy the ladies of LOTSW who seem to be firmly in control! Just an Idea!:01::01:

Hello Everyone! Thanks for the great welcome! I will have a good look at the photos this evening. In the meantime, I watched 2 episodes this morning on Gold TV and just loved them. I am enjoying retirement although it seems a strange feeling having all this time for myself after rushing for so many years but I do love my daily dose of LOTSW on Gold. Perhaps us females need to copy the ladies of LOTSW who seem to be firmly in control! Just an Idea!:01::01:
That is a very good idea Maggie. They need an eye kept on them.

Back