Pollydolly

Hi, just found this site, really happy to find a site where I can chat with others who have a love of this wonderful series!! I am from Nottingham, Uk.
I think I have watched all the episodes but just love it when I find one I haven't!
My favourite episode ever is The thing in Wesleys Shed. I have had the pleasure of visiting Holmfirth and going around the museum!
My favourite characters are Compo, Ivy, Eli and Edie but I love them all really
I recently purchased a DVD of Christmas episodes and really enjoyed it!!

Welcome Pollydolly. I am sure you will enjoy the friendly banter between members. They are all very good and enjoy a good gossip:14:

Welcome to the forum, we look forward to hearing your opinions on this great series :D

Welcome Pollydolly :)
The thing in Wesleys shed is also one of my favourites,I sometimes go to the museum just to watch the film they play on loop with the out takes and clips and cast interviews,I wish you could buy it,but you can't,I'v asked.
Pete x

Hello,

I stumbled across this site searching for the location of Auntie's shop and I am so glad I did. I have been an avid fan from day one much to the consternation of my family still try to ensure , like my tablets, I digest my daily episode whether that is on UK Gold, Drama or Yesterday at the weekend.

I have just added series 25/26 [24/25 to the real fans] but remain frustrated at the inability of the "Corporation" to release the other series [ provisional date for next two in the series I noted the other day is December 2015] . I am sure this topic has been done to death so I will say no more.

I have recently retired from work and am looking forward to visiting the filming locations in the near future . As I now have lots of time on my hands thinking of advertising in the local paper personal column " Truly seeks Compo and Clegg for outings and general tomfoolery" .

It would be difficult to select a favourite character though took my login from one of my favourite episodes. I hope to contribute regularly to the site but for now just happy to be on board

Welcome aboard Captain, chip in when and where you like. Its always good to meet new members and we're a friendly bunch on the whole although one or two of us have a friendly rivalry going on which is all taken in fun. Any nastiness is dealt with quickly by sending the ladies round to have a " Little word". Dick knows them well :D

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on any subject you like. :)

Hi Captain Clutterbuck,welcome,
Did you find Aunties shop,I always have a walk to it if I manage to get out for a walk up the Marsden Moor Estate,I don't get out to the locations as often as I like due to work,but I have a huge list of locations I plan to eventually get round to visiting,and every time I watch an episode,which is about twice a day,I always see somewhere that I'd like to find,please post some photos when you do visit them,
Pete.

Hello,
I stumbled across this site searching for the location of Auntie's shop and I am so glad I did. ...

Welcome Captain C. We're a highly diverse group drawn together by this very strong common interest. It seems to work well. Looking forward to your contributions.
Marianna

Welcome Captain :12: (You know the old saying "you don't have to be mad to work here but it helps"") So true!! Just ask Pearl! :whisper: :me:

Welcome to Captain and Pollydolly

always good to know more are joining the forum.

Bit delayed in my welcome as I seem to have been busy elsewhere of late but catching up with all the posts.

Welcome Polly and Captain C! Welcome to a great group of people. Great Conversations here.. Been a fan for about 3-4 years , but here just about a year. From Tennessee USA

Back