New Car.

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
This year we've decided to buy a new car, we're thinking new new and not just new to us. We've never had a new new car so this will be fun.

What I want is a blue or green one but it must have windscreen wipers that go like this // and not like this = because that's just hypnotic and I have enough bad habits without falling asleep at the wheel.
So, what cars our out there and what would so was a good buy?

Pearl, I would go for the Blue one. I find they are always superior to the green version. If you can find one with the new fangled ROUND tyres fitted on the 4 corners it goes even better!:08:

Pearl, I would go for the Blue one. I find they are always superior to the green version. If you can find one with the new fangled ROUND tyres fitted on the 4 corners it goes even better!:08:
:rolling::rolling:
4 roundy things? Are you sure? Won't that be expensive?

I bought a new green car some years ago and I had 2 or 3 scrapes in it. The 3rd time I took it in for repair they asked if I had ever been told about green cars. According to them they are more difficult to see in the twilight hours. I am not sure about that but I never had another.:confused2:

It appears that a lot of people don't buy their cars anymore,they lease them under a PCP lease,cost etc depends on make,model and milage, but they claim it saves tying up a lot of money in a car and every 2-4 years they change it for a new one, I will be ordering my new car in 12 weeks and decided to go for one of these,my current car a Octavia has not missed a heartbeat in 2.5 years
skoda_karoq_013.jpg

We drive 3 cars: 72 Midget, 2016 Corolla, and
the 97 Civic. We do tend to keep cars awhile so
I assume the Toyota will be here awhile. The
Honda was bought new as well. Do not feel
we have tied all that much into cars as we seem
to keep them awhile and so the money is spread out.

I'd rather buy one to be honest..
But not a green one by the sounds of it.

I bought my 1999 Honda Civic hatchback in 2001. It still runs like new and still serves my purposes, so I have no plans to replace it in the foreseeable future. It's bright red, which may be contributing to its remaining collision-free. By buying a late-model used car, I let the first owner fix all the new-car bugs, making it trouble-free for me.

Pearl ,

I think I have found you the perfect car . I know you have to train a lot for the OCRs which involves a lot of running , I know you commented on preferring it to be cool than really hot so I have found a car that would support that . It is second hand and no its not been owned by an old lady who was a cautious and careful driver quite the opposite but on the other hand it is quite robust and basically you can have it sprayed any colour you wish . I give you :-

freddy.jpg

Make a refreshing change to see Wilma driving " him indoors" Fred :)

Last edited:
Pearl ,

I think I have found you the perfect car . I know you have to train a lot for the OCRs which involves a lot of running , I know you commented on preferring it to be cool that really hot so I have found a car that would support that . It is second hand and no its not been owned by an old lady who was a cautious and careful driver quite the opposite but on the other hand it is quite robust and basically you can have it sprayed any colour you wish . I give you :-

View attachment 2020

Make a refreshing change to see Wilma driving " him indoors" Fred :)

:rolling:

If you want a color that will absolutely be noticed for safety purposes, you must go with school bus yellow aka Sunflower Yellow. [Well, OK here in the US, all school buses are painted a lovely authoritative yellow and, of course, I have no idea what they do in the UK. Is it also yellow?]

Back