New Board to Alert Members about TV Shows

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Just an idea,you may come across a new TV show that you feel maybe worth watching,this can be in the UK or Overseas as some folk have satellite TV or other access to watch TV shows from all over.

If you do discover something then give a brief description, it is a Comedy or Drama, you may spot something on soon that you wish to alert us to

British TV programming standards must be at it lowest ever and we can only hope things improve,but somehow I doubt it

Personally I watch less than 10 hours a week of live TV, the rest I hunt around the net for or rely on the many hours of old TV shows I have

what a great idea terry, but i agree the quality of british television is very poor at the moment, i watch maybe 5 or 6 hours of new tele a week and im only in my 20's i dont like a lot of the mindless stuff a lot of people my age like, although i do spend a lot of time watching my huge collection of classic tele and movies dvds

One comedy programme I have noticed on Gold.

It's not exactly new or old. It began in 2009.

That show is Miranda.

Saw this for the first time last week, and it is surprisingly funny. I wouldn't describe it as groundbreaking, but is simple, basic fun. It's quite traditional in it's way, Miranda occasionally talks to the audience - like Charlie Drake did in The Worker.

Certainly a not the worst way to pass half an hour.

We have really been enjoying the Goodnight Sweetheart episodes
we downloaded. Nicholas Lyndhurst and Dervla Kirwan are
wonderful.

Well it just shows how good our TV is with next to nothing worth pointing out in the last 3 weeks,not new but worth noting is BBC 4 (I think) is rerunning "What ever happened to the Likely Lads" starting soon

ITV are showing the spy drama titled "The Americans" in the near future,I have already seen the series and it is well worth a watch,it takes getting past the first episode to work out what is going on,but well worth sticking with

I know this show was on some years back but it seems a lot of folk never got to see it,I discovered it by accident,this is a link to one of my favourite episodes,but they all seem to be on youtube,let me know what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8sskCXVmBs

I have the box set of episodes from all series of this. Living in Scotland this was quite a popular show a year or so back. I thought we discussed some time ago but I am maybe thinking of the other forum before it folded.

Sadly Kiernan and Hemphill fell out so there are no more shows planned. But it was a real tartan LOTSW in its time.

Enjoying Still Game. Into second series.while LOTSW is always shot in good weather Still Game is always cold and wet. Or is that normal for Glasgow?

Anyone been watching The Dales at all?? Cant make my mind up about it. Some of the scenery puts me in mind of LOSW but I 'm not sure if Ade Edmondson is the right man for the job!! ???

Anyone been watching The Dales at all?? Cant make my mind up about it. Some of the scenery puts me in mind of LOSW but I 'm not sure if Ade Edmondson is the right man for the job!! ???

I watch it every week, I love the show, mainly for the scenery than anything else

I've been watching the repeats of Kojak and Magnum P.I. on ITV3 weekday mornings.

But yeah, on the whole British TV is going through a bit of a decline.

One comedy programme I have noticed on Gold.

It's not exactly new or old. It began in 2009.

That show is Miranda.

Saw this for the first time last week, and it is surprisingly funny. I wouldn't describe it as groundbreaking, but is simple, basic fun. It's quite traditional in it's way, Miranda occasionally talks to the audience - like Charlie Drake did in The Worker.

Certainly a not the worst way to pass half an hour.

Miranda Hart is very well respected as an actress in the UK. She is recorded as copying her 'talking straight to the camera technique' from our beloved Eric Morecambe. A very funny lady, who can act a serious part as well.

Still Game, the Scottish comedy series that gets a mention in this thread is making a comeback. The writers Ford Kiernan and Greg Hemphill had a disagreement over business matters which saw the original series end, but it seems they have now put that behind them. A stage show is happening first, but it is reported that they are in talks with the BBC to bring back the TV series. If it happens, excellent news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-24622879

Back