MOBILE PHONES

I think it is amazing how many things people do with these new fangled phones. I like many others could I make a list of most things including very dangerous ones.
There I`ve said it.:13::13:

Has any one noticed how people on mobile phones still point and gesticulate to make a point. After all its not as though the other person can see them !:confused2::eyesroll:

It isn't just people on mobile phones. I gestured a lot while talking on a landline, back in the olden days when I had one.

I still see people on a daily basis driving and holding the phone to their ear, often they are driving a nice new expensive car that would definitely have hand free, the more I think about why, is it that they are just to thick to be able to use hands free

When they were pretty much common, but not yet the norm, I remember a very young woman weaving back and forth across the sidewalk. I had just assumed she was drunk, but nope, on the phone. When the bluetooth hands free stuff first came out it was very disconcerting because you couldn't tell if someone was on the phone or arguing with their imaginary enemies. Couple years back there was a Pokemon game fad so the parks and MUPs were filled with people wandering along staring at their phones expecting others to babysit them.

Luddite attitude I know but it would be great to just go back to what phones were designed for , to call or receive calls from people which is often a tertiary ranked function with modern handsets . It's the same with WIFI availability . I went to a new cafe because I had heard it was really convivial and the coffee was great only to find I was the only person in there who was not on their phone, tablet or laptop.

Those who were there had been there for sometime judging by the number of cups on each individual's tables probably never taking a break from any of their appliances but to take a gulp of coffee or order another. What happened to good conversation or when coffee bars were first commissioned and you could stick money in a jukebox to hear the latest tunes. That said there is one coffee shop in the city that plays old vinyl LP's [and sells them] on an old refurbished Stereogram and it was so refreshing . I was in the other day and they played Lennon's Rock n' Roll album which I have not listened to in years. It was not intrusive and you could talk/hear without issue and hear the music as well.

Back