Mini

At 6 ft 3 its not a car I would find easy to drive or even sit in well not with removing the front seat and driving sitting on the rear seat . It is iconic and really a symbol of the swinging sixties .

Those are cute little cars and some even have cute stripes, but alas, they are manuals (no automatic transmissions). But there is good news about cars that are manuals. They are virtually theft-proof as few car thieves know how to drive manuals.

R U Kidding?? When/where I grew up manual trannies was
all we had. Mostly 3-speed back then, but later 4's and 5's.
Used have 57 chevvy with a 3-speed manual.

Currently we drive a 72 MG Midget with a 5-speed Toyota tranny.

Yep, growing up here most cars were manual although that is changing these days.
As for Mini's, I had one when I was at Uni waaaaaaaaay back when. Surprisingly they had more room in them than you thought and 6'3" would fit perfectly well......only downside, your backside is dragging on the ground they are so low.
I had a Mini and my mate had a VW Beetle...LOADS more leg and headroom in my mini!!:03:

Those are cute little cars and some even have cute stripes, but alas, they are manuals (no automatic transmissions). But there is good news about cars that are manuals. They are virtually theft-proof as few car thieves know how to drive manuals.

They did make a auto version on many of the models

Maybe I will give it a go Brian my sister owns an old style Mini might ask her if I can borrow it ................ well for a short while because knowing her it will be like what Tony Capstick's wife wanted to do to Cooper and his Patrol Car , lace curtains for the windows , 95 air fresheners ,list as long as your arm of do's and don'ts ..........:13:

Nice car. What year is it? Is the interior all stock? Steering wheel seems modern-ish, maybe... I do like the wood look on the dash.

I thought a dinner plate sized speedo in the center of the dash was a Mini signature standard? Admittedly, I don't know a whole lot about Mini's. I do know I like the looks of them and love the classic Michael Caine movie The Italian Job. :42:

<starts humming to himself>
This is the self-preservation society
Go wash your German bands, your boat race too
Comb your Barnet Fair we got a lot to do
Put on your Dickie Dirt and your Peckham Rye....

Last edited:
Nice car. What year is it? Is the interior all stock? Steering wheel seems modern-ish, maybe... I do like the wood look on the dash.

I thought a dinner plate sized speedo in the center of the dash was a Mini signature standard? Admittedly, I don't know a whole lot about Mini's. I do know I like the looks of them and love the classic Michael Caine movie The Italian Job. :42:

<starts humming to himself>
This is the self-preservation society
Go wash your German bands, your boat race too
Comb your Barnet Fair we got a lot to do
Put on your Dickie Dirt and your Peckham Rye....

It's a 1993 Mayfair so all the dash etc is original, the wheel was changed Dec last year, it is 1 inch smaller than the original which helps with leg clearance

Back