Message posted by Jonathan Linsley on Last of the Summer Wine Forever re: the death of his wife

Marianna

Dedicated Member
"This is the most difficult post I have ever had to write on Facebook. It is with deep sadness i have to tell everyone that my beloved wife Frances passed away yesterday after a short and fierce battle with cancer. She was just 64 years old and strong and brave until she drew her last breath. I was with her at the end and holding her hand. I am brokenhearted and my only consolation is that she is no longer in pain. I know many of you who knew her and loved her as a friend or a member or the family will be shocked and upset by this news. For all those whose lives she touched, she didn't want tears or mourning or sadness she wished for everyone to smile and think or the happy times when she brought happiness, love and compassion to people. She wanted us all to celebrate her life."

He posted this 15 hours ago, so I've been waiting for someone to either quote the post here or start a thread mentioning his loss. Since that hasn't happened, I've taken the responsibility upon myself, knowing that not everyone here is a member of the Facebook group.

She was much too young, but apparently she didn't have to suffer for a very long time.

That is so shocking and sad, 64 is no age at all . Although such huge steps have been made in curing certain strains of that awful disease it remains such a threat to life and is no respecter of age . My deepest condolences to Jonathan and his family at this most distressing of times . Thank you Marianna for taking the time to relay this awfully sad news .

I met Frances just the once when Jonathan was doing Crusher in the Cafe October 2015, Jonathan invited me to meet him at the Bridge Hotel before the show,we spent some 90 minutes there and had such a good laugh, Frances had mobility problems and Jonathan has been her carer for some years and we have kept in touch since then, it was a shock to hear that she had been diagnosed with cancer just a while after Jonathan had recovered from heart surgery, myself and the other admins were deeply saddened to hear the news

Very sorry to hear this, was unaware as I’m not on Facebook. 64 is far too young. Having lost a mother, husband, and close friend to cancer I know how devastating it is. My condolences to Jonathan and rest in peace Frances.

Back