May 2014 Ask Beth

Do you enjoy cross words and Sudoku Beth??I try them just to keep my mind ticking over. ::) :12:

I love Sudoku. I will play that during my lunch hour unless I am on here and before I go to sleep. I get mad at cross word puzzles so I cheat and go to Google to get the answer. ;)

I just want to add about my great aunts. They came across mean but they did love their husbands I believe. ;) They also were the most funny and entertaining mob. My grandmother and several of her brothers and sisters were very musical. I miss all of them.

It would have to be "The Really Masculine Purse". I loved how Seymour posed the different positions on how to reach the purse from his lower leg. Compo's physical comedy was hilarious when he had to wear Wally's shoes.

I like that one too Beth, How Seymour, says "easy access like so", :32: kicking back his foot and twisting his arms all sorts of ways. So awkwardly!! lol. My mom is in town and showing her my fav show. She was laughing!! I think she liked!

Last edited:
Yes I ways like it when he talked to his door which was suppose to cause it to open with a password; then he always ended up yelling and pounding on the door.

When was the last time you really laughed out loud?

I did at the ballpark for Rachel's game two weeks ago. I became way to excited as a player was running past third and the game was close.

I decided to play 3rd base coach and I yelled " Run home!" "Run home!" The coach was telling her to stay put. The girl ran home and made it to score but barely. I apologized to everyone around me; I didn't know them really except for my ex-husband and his wife. Everyone laughed so I laughed as well. They kept imitating my yell. I was a bit loud. Even the coach laughed. I had a great time and got to know quite a few people. :)

How do you think your best friend would describe you?

Oh my this is a good one. I have had a best friend for 25 years so I conferred with her only because I don't want to come across bragging but here I go.

I would say I am a pretty upbeat person normally. I have had a lot of health issues the past six months and saw the worst of myself, but have seen myself get stronger overall just by mere stubbornness and help from a lot of friends. :) I can't believe how far I have come actually!

I am a morning person and am annoyingly cheerful.

I am a bit shy really so I don't approach other shy people. I feel they don't like me even though I am the same way.

I love to aggravate others after I get to know them well. (poor things) This is how I reach out to others. I always feel that if a co-worker doesn't aggravate me, I am in trouble. :)

I am not a shopper; I hate the malls unless it is Christmas time. I do like to go to auction sales/garage sales and look for old jewelery or antiques or anything that might be worth more than I am spending. Otherwise, I would rather walk by the lake or on a trail.

I love art; I can be very creative and like to think outside the box. I tend to sketch things I see and I am not too bad at it.

I traveled a lot as a young person and have a great wonder about how people relate to other people in different worlds. Always wondering if there is a better solution to bring peace to the world. A bit of a dreamer and romantic I suppose.

I would say I am a good friend. I would do anything if he/she needed me. I would put my own needs aside.

I love a challenge and to accomplish it, but I am not one to flaunt it. I would much rather stay in the background and be part of a team.

I am only neat and orderly when I have company. ;D I hate making the bed and I always leave the toothpaste cap off the toothpaste and I can never find my keys. Once I found them in my freezer. sigh..

If there is anything I left out that you can add, feel free as long as it is good. ;D

Last edited:
I'd describe her as getting there :16:

Or, ballistic with a side order of potty :biggrin:

That's right. In getting there I can't quite measure up to the Yorkshire women; Pearl has me in training. ;) I agree with everything else. ;D

Ok Beth, serious face....Do you think Barack Obama is a force for good in the US and do you think he will leave a positive legacy after he's gone?

Last edited:
John has asked a serious question about Barack Obama , I will ask your opinion over who wears the trousers in that household. Him or Michelle?? :wink: :me:

Ok Beth, serious face....Do you think Barack Obama is a force for good in the US and do you think he will leave a positive legacy after he's gone?

Well, I don't want to step on any toes of my fellow Americans but I will only say that:

I see the government in more in debt than ever and every president (not just Obama) seems to put us deeper and deeper in this debt. This has caused the value of our dollar to drop for years. I may be wrong here, but I see our country not being the economic force it once was.

To blame Obama for all this, no I can't, but I honestly believe that many of his ideas are only making our economy worse. I am afraid to say too much of my opinion because it is only my opinion, and I do not want to get too political. ;)

John has asked a serious question about Barack Obama , I will ask your opinion over who wears the trousers in that household. Him or Michelle?? :wink: :me:

I believe he does, but that is only a guess of observation which is very limited. ;)

Back