Matchbox Quiz 1

me2

Dedicated Member
The matchbox was a clever ploy Compo used to stir up a little trouble. There's been a lot of speculation on what was in that box, but it doesn't sound like we will ever find that out. So making guesses about that wouldn't be much fun since we'd never know if we had it right.

However, I thought it would be fun to find out how much we do know about the little match box. So I've a little quiz for you.

Question 1

In what episode did the match box make it's first appearance?
And who was the first person to see inside the match box (besides Compo)?

I think he showed it to Ivy in an early one but no idea if it was the first time. ???

He did show it to Ivy, but that was a later episode - and a later question, so you can be thinking about what episode that was.

Clue 1

Flower Power Cut is the right era - It was after Blamire and before Seymour.

I'm going to guess Isometrics and After and Mr Wainwright.

Congratulations - you have the right episode. However, he did not show it to Mr. Wainwright so we still need the first person he showed it to.

OK Dick, I owe you an apology. When you guessed Flag and It's Snag, I only looked at the episode and not who you guessed. The guess after you had the correct episode, but you did have the correct person. I'm really sorry that I missed that.

The correct episode was "Isometrics and After" The first person was Foggy.

He actually showed it to 3 other people in that episode.
Foggy and Clegg were on the hillside
Miss Moody in the library
Nora in the café.

If you're not all to made at me for missing that, I'll post another question tomorrow.

Back