March 2014 Ask Terry

Very frank post Terry. You never really know what other people's lives are like, as much as we may think we do. The more I hear Summer Wine folk talk about the series and the place it has in their hearts the more convinced I am of its therapeutic properties and the positive effect it has on people's lives. Long may it all last for all of us.
Very well said John. I totally agree.

I am sorry Terry for what you are going through. That must be very difficult. It does show that we are all more alike than not. Some have more physical or mental pain than others but we are all family. Thanks for sharing. I find it helps to share our burdens. It makes us all closer somehow. I am glad you are here with us and felt the need to keep this forum going. It does, as John said, have therapeutic affects being here. I appreciate your organizing this barmy family ;) giving us the abilitiy to learn and respect others just like our show. :respect: :)

Hi Terry. Thanks for all you good things you have done. My question is. If you had a chance of starting a forum of any other show in the world. What would you choose

Well Amos a good question,there could be a few forgetting some are already running
1.Heartbeat
2.Big Bang Theory (You either love it or hate it)
3.Poirot
4.Dad's army
5.Open all Hours

So things have settled down a bit now and the new forum is running well, how do you think it went?

Is it making things easier for you to run?

I know we've all had a bit moan and all but we'll get there. :)

Well I think things are starting to settle down and bit by bit folk are getting used to it,as a administrator I can see the many automatic blocked attempts to get into the forum,which saves me 1-2 hours a day doing it manually,I think by the end of the month we will all be used to the new look and those that are having problems,don't forget we will help as much as we can

Your pic

Hello Terry,

Thanks so much again for running everything here. I will get used to it but I never considered all the time you put in to blocking unwanted guests.

I can't view the small pics by some of the members' names. Who is that in your pic? It looks like you with Jean Alexander, from what I can tell!

Yes it is a picture of me with Auntie I'm guessing from 2007, I know on some members pictures you can click on and they enlarge,not sure if that is a user setting,I will have to ask a Pixie

To get get a large picture when members avatar picture is clicked, you also need a picture in your members profile

I don't know much about forums, How many hours a day do you spend working on it? I know this one just started up and you are working out the bugs so in comparison to the old site, do you think the work load will decrease eventually?

I think Forums should more or less manage themselves,with the admin/moderators keeping an eye on things,every member has a part to play and it is nice to run a forum where so many folk get along even though we come from different age groups and walks of life, and very much like LOSW the ladies keep the menfolk in check.

The Admins role for some years has been to keep out trouble before it starts and this new forum software should make that a lot easier, it has been a wrench for some of you and I hope it will not deter folk from joining in,please do not be afraid to ask for help if things are not clear in using the new forum,send us a PM and we will will do whatever we can to help

If anyone has a idea for the forum then it would be great to hear from you as without the members there would be no forum

" and very much like LOSW the ladies keep the menfolk in check."

Is that aimed at anyone in particular? Should I be ducking?

I know where you live you know !!:46:
:tux:

LOL Pearl, getting the shopping bag ready for a big swing, aye?:46: I was somewhat hesitant in wanting to change the forum since I had just got started :13: , but it wasn't bad at all really. Also you and Tony have been great a great help. Thanks for what you do for us.:14::41:

OK Terry back to the grill,

If you had to take one of the ladies out on a date, who would it be? Where would you go? And why?

And you can't pick Glenda because that would just ignite the whole skirt debacle again. I'm taking the rap for that again!!

I think it would be Auntie,go to a nice restaurant and chat about her life as I bet she would have a lot to recall

I know that you have been briefly in one scene and you have a picture with Auntie; did you work full-time for Alan Bell with LOTSW?

Back