Magazines

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
It seems these day that if you buy or download a magazine you have to get to page 10 or above before there is any real content, and it's not necessarily adverts, but telling you snippets of the content the magazine has for this week/month

I only buy Private Eye and always the paper copy never electronically. I have been buying it for years now still think its a great read despite the passing of so many of its famous contributors Peter Cook ,Willie Rushton et al.

Today looking at the current railway modeller magazine, I got to page 44 before there was any articles, the rest was all advertising, in fact out of 174 pages 88 were adverts

Magazines have always caused consternation and in the case of male teenage boys distress because the ones they wanted were always on the very top shelf of the newsagents and unless they carried some sort of step with them they were always out of reach ! :eek::eek::eek::eek::13::08: Oh Matron!

captain clutterbualways shovedst: 224248 said:
Magazines have always caused consternation and in the case of male teenage boys distress because the ones they wanted were always on the very top shelf of the newsagents and unless they carried some sort of step with them they were always out of reach ! :eek::eek::eek::eek::13::08: Oh Matron!
Back in my day they were always shoved in a hedge... what was that all about! :)

People still buy/download adverts... I mean magazines?
same with bike mags, n-scale mags, etc.. they are just large infomercials sadly with no real content these days. Couldnt be bothered with any of them.

Back