LOTSW then,and now.

Pete.

Dedicated Member
Hi Everyone,
I'v decided to create just one more post,and add to it any existing then and now photos that I have,or take in the future,its better than new posts all the time adding to the long list of my posts on the photo section,and that way people can just check in on it from time to time to check on any new photos if they wish to.
To start off with I have a few photos from Holmfirth yesterday,I had a few hours to spare and its not a long drive to get there,I only went to watch the film that they play on loop in the exhibition in Compos old house,you can't buy it,I'm fascinated to see them interviewed out of character,and always love to hear how such as maltrab met Alvin and he was really friendly,my favourite part of it though is the out takes,I love the one where take after take Barry at the breakfast table just cannot break a boiled egg,eventually Sarah Thomas just burst out laughing and walked over to give him a hug,
While in Holmfirth I took a few then and now photos,and also managed a visit to Victoria Park on Amos' behalf until he is well enough to go himself.
The first photo is in the town centre looking towards the church clock tower and café,and hasn't really changed much,
In the second photo a young(er) Foggy and Clegg are sat on a waterside wall,this is right next to Edies house and Wesleys garage is just down a track to my right,
The third photo has changed quite a lot I think,I havn't watched the early series for a while but I am sure they are stood outside a second hand shop pre Auntie Wainwrights,was it Doug or Dougie,or I might be completely mistaken,the railings have gone,and the house opposite has new windows,
The fourth and last photo in this batch is at the bottom of Daisy Lane,the café isn't far along the road and the park with the web camera is opposite,the jewellers shop is now a ladies hairdressers,
Any future photos I'll just add onto this post,
Pete x
S.Wine%20A%20005_zpsnsa8ibhs.jpg
Victoria%20Park%20%20009_zps5k1n1jl7.jpg
S.Wine%20A%20006_zpsigfvsmld.jpg
Victoria%20Park%20%20008_zps7znbqyon.jpg
S.Wine%20A%20003_zpsmy4kemrk.jpg
Victoria%20Park%20%20028_zpsy0tntvev.jpg
S.Wine%20A%20009_zpswzshv50w.jpg
Victoria%20Park%20%20019_zpsismtohsd.jpg

A couple from Marsden taken on my last visit there a couple of weeks ago,from Follow that Bottle.
STT%201%20005_zpszbhowwea.jpg
S.Wine%20A%20044_zpszzgkptqa.jpg
STT%201%20006_zpszdjyy0dk.jpg
S.Wine%20A%20043_zpsajxoabqd.jpg

The ladies,returning to Noras house,and Nora with Compo on the path below their houses.Then there the trio coming down the steps by the café,and along Daisy Lane which runs next to it.
S.Wine%20A%20016_zpsgyob8uqd.jpg
Victoria%20Park%20%20022_zpsgyca8y3c.jpg
S.Wine%20A%20015_zpspmy4alxu.jpg
Victoria%20Park%20%20021_zpskmztlxez.jpg
S.Wine%20A%20026_zpsybfua8b1.jpg
Victoria%20Park%20%20010_zpsjnnhcw52.jpg
S.Wine%20A%20004_zpse1c9ysob.jpg
Victoria%20Park%20%20026_zpsybxwagx3.jpg

I love this location,it's just above Scar Hole Lane at New Mill,this is a photo of Barry eating grass here while on his diet,it is just as beautiful today,just to the right of the photo is the area from my picnic spot photo,where various trio's have sat,I had my dinner sat at the exact spot Compo was sat while asking Foggy and Cleggy how far the sky went.
STT2%20006_zpsy8uupqle.jpg
New%20Mill%20008_zpsxyf6wqk5.jpg

Just behind where I was standing to take the Barry and Glenda photo is this location,it could have been Billys first appearance I'm not sure,I just remember watching it and recognising the location,that gorgeous area just above Scar Hole Lane at New Mill,he shot an arrow through Trulys hat,and certainly no one knew him,so this could have been Billys first scene,I stood where he stood for a moment,I always like to do that.

New%20Mill%20007_zpsi5hkkbe1.jpg
New%20Mill%20029_zps5ttm2nsg.jpg

This is from Happy Camping,Howard has just left home and is determined to stay out all night,or at least till tea time !!
STT2%20009_zpslb8onhg0.jpg
New%20Mill%20023_zpsoss5clj5.jpg

In this episode Howard was making a bench for himself and Marina,I think it's the one where everyone thought he had a wooden leg,it's not changed at all,its the lane leading up to Intake Lane at New Mill.

S.Wine%20A%20018_zpskfrrzxqa.jpg
New%20Mill%20010_zpsfrac83i3.jpg

I think this is from Where There's Smoke,it's where Foggy Compo and Clegg have a barbecue,it's really overgrown now,it's just up from the Howard and Marina with the bench photo.

S.Wine%20A%20020_zpsok5ymvkn.jpg
New%20Mill%20012_zpsbf28jfxl.jpg

This is Foggy,Compo and Clegg on Butterley Lane at New Mill,other than the bench has been re painted,it is exactly the same.

S.Wine%20A%20028_zps0vyxfvft.jpg
New%20Mill%20032_zpsmq100wll.jpg

Just behind where I was standing to take the Barry and Glenda photo is this location,it could have been Billys first appearance I'm not sure,I just remember watching it and recognising the location,that gorgeous area just above Scar Hole Lane at New Mill,he shot an arrow through Trulys hat,and certainly no one knew him,so this could have been Billys first scene,I stood where he stood for a moment,I always like to do that.
Yes, that was Billy's first appearance. He was a guest in How Errol Flynn Discovered the Secret Scar of Nora Batty. - Season 20 Episode 2
He was back for Last Post and Pigeon, the New Year's Special. and then came back permanently in Waggoners Roll the 10th Episode in Season 21.

New%20Mill%20007_zpsi5hkkbe1.jpg
New%20Mill%20029_zps5ttm2nsg.jpg

Was Billy's first appearance as stated above or was it in Last Pigeon and Post?

Was Billy's first appearance as stated above or was it in Last Pigeon and Post?

Billy first appeared in The Secret Scar of Nora Batty,which was before Last Post, though I had to check as I could not recall when he first appeared

LOTSW then, and now

This is Foggy,Compo and Clegg on Butterley Lane at New Mill,other than the bench has been re painted,it is exactly the same.

S.Wine%20A%20028_zps0vyxfvft.jpg
New%20Mill%20032_zpsmq100wll.jpg

Pete , re nothing has changed but the bench , the cows behind the trio are not there in the recent photo but that is not surprising because they'd be a canny age by now!

Yes,it's a different bench isn't it,I thought it had just been re painted,no livestock at all in the field,it's the same field as the leg lock photos,and also of a previous photo I posted of Howard and Marina sat on the wall,and then Cooper and Walsh looking over it,I think Foggy,Compo and Clegg could have done my walk today and seen that everything is the same,this next one though is a little different.
This is at New Mill,which is next to Jackson Bridge,its the scene where Tom convinces Barry to get a personal trainer,who turns out to be Mrs Avery,
The telephone box is fake,it was never there.
New%20Mill%20001_zpsbkwefvh2.jpg
New%20Mill%20034_zpsxitxixms.jpg

A tribute to the most selfless person on our wonderful website [a.k.a. The 28 steps]

To my favourite "blade".....[that is a sheffield united fan,for all the non football lovers out there !!!]
i have said this once,my good friend...and i will say it again !!!
The difference you make to this website cannot be put into words !!!!
Your breathtaking photos give each and everyone a glimpse into the magical world of the "greatest show on earth" [no matter which continent they happen to live on !!!]
everything you do on this site is aimed at other members viewing pleasure [it truely is a rare trait in this day and age !!!]
you should be so proud of yourself mate !!!!!!
Once again,a million thanks for all you do for all of us !!!!!
Best wishes,as always mate !!!!!
Keith.
X!

LOTSW then. and now.

In this episode Howard was making a bench for himself and Marina,I think it's the one where everyone thought he had a wooden leg,it's not changed at all,its the lane leading up to Intake Lane at New Mill.

S.Wine%20A%20018_zpskfrrzxqa.jpg
New%20Mill%20010_zpsfrac83i3.jpg

Pete,

Is this the track where in Spores Entwistle plays the role of a Sage to cure Lionel [Roy Hudd] of his depression ? Thank you for any information

Hi captain,yes it is,its a continuation of Intake Lane at New Mill and it leads down to the bench that the various trio's have sat on over the decades,I'v got a photo of that too for when I'v time,
This particular little hill junction has been in countless episodes and scenes.
Here is a photo of Foggy,Compo and Clegg at the top of it looking down,basically stood where I am taking the photo of Howard and Marina spot.
S.Wine%20A%20019_zpsm378ejrl.jpg

New%20Mill%20015_zpsulvpiuw2.jpg

Keith (MOODYBLUE),
Sorry about the delay in replying,just having to grab a quick five minutes between the horrible unsocial shifts I'm on for the next five days,and then I'm going to Belgium and won't be logging on at all for a short while.
Thank you so much for those really kind words,I am deeply touched by your post,thankyou.
I'v been walking these hills for years,and always recognise locations when I watch an episode,when I joined this forum (which in seven days time will be a year ago) I realised how far away some fans were,not just in the UK but USA,Australia and all over the World,and I wanted to share my walks with all the people that couldn't get to and walk around these beautiful locations,also many of us on this forum who manage to get to Holmfirth wouldn't be able to physically get to some of the remote areas and up some of the hills,some of the locations are difficult to get to,
Thankyou again for your post mate,and to everyone else for your comments,likes,thankyou's and views,
Pete x

Back