LotSW themed Tea Room

RickAns

Dedicated Member
I saw the article this morning and wanted to share.

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...-last-of-summer-wine-style-tea-room-1-7862704

Seems the staff and residents at Clayburn's Court are big fans of the show and wanted to create a room in it's theme. Very nice of them. I take it they mean Syd and Ivy's cafe. Not sure where the place is either. Is great they call themselves “Last of the Summer Winers”. Hope they do not have any curmudgeons like Diana Trent or weasels like Harvey Bains from 'Waiting for God' show staying there.

On a side note I recently saw an article where some fans of 'Auf Wiedersehen, Pet' are attempting to buy the pub that was used in the series. The second series I think. Where the lads get on the wrong side of the bar keep fairly quickly and end up bricking up the front door to the pub! Sorry I do not have a link handy to it. Hope they can get the place from the current owners that are selling in order to retire (I think). I think it is great to see fans able to preserve a bit of history from a show they enjoy.

Cheers,
Rick

You are welcome Pearl. Glad to be able to share something new with you and the forum. Since it is not too far from you and if you ever make it over there... will you please let us know how the place is? I did not see much in the single picture that they posted to have an idea of how much it looks like LotSW.

If we have any forum members who are residents there Congrats on your new tea room. Please speak up and let us know how well received your LotSW themed room has been.

I hope its bedecked in gingham table cloths run by Sid and Ivy like characters serving good old no nonsense food like Egg and Chips with cups of strong tea [optionally to be drunk out of the saucer] and of course there must be sticky buns.

Back