Look alikes

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
Do we have any Summer Wine look-alikes among the members? Maybe you could organize a look-alike competition Terry. Should be fun.:12:

I don't look even like him yet two separate people who I was talking to gave me the " I know you from somewhere " routine and then pronounced I looked like Russ Abbot and now I cannot get that stupid Atmosphere song out of my head . :mad:

Oh, that brings back memories to me, Atmosphere. It was a party where all the guests weren't exactly friendly. I and another guest just burst into song. Yeah, that one. It didn't have the required effect. :12: :13:

Well spotted, Dick. How well can you handle a bow, Peri?
Believe it or not, I used to be quite good with a bow. I used to belong to an archery class. It is quite hard to pull a bow. We wore finger protectors for the grip on the string and a leather cover for the arm that held the bow. Unlike Billy, I am not related to Robin Hood but I have made several visits to Little John's Grave at Hathersage. I have also made several visits to the Great Oak in Sherwood Forest. Now, where is Barry flying his plane today? :rolleyes:

In the remake of LOTSW you're shoe in for Billy then Peri . They'll be nocking[:fp:] on your door for sure . Just be wary of Cooper's Rules he'll have you over a barrel if you "if you smack him in the head with a stray rubber tipped arrow" you'll be locked up in Nottingham Castle and they'll throw away the key.

@Marianna I am a spritely 52 if you please, haha :21:. Will swap contact info with you and anyone else that is interested in meeting up as time gets closer and dates / locations get firmed up. Should be booking early next month. I know you said not to wait too long to do so.

Does it make a difference to book things for the beginning, midweek or end of week? For instance flying in or the start of hotel stay.

@Marianna I am a spritely 52 if you please, haha :21:. Will swap contact info with you and anyone else that is interested in meeting up as time gets closer and dates / locations get firmed up. Should be booking early next month. I know you said not to wait too long to do so.

Does it make a difference to book things for the beginning, midweek or end of week? For instance flying in or the start of hotel stay.
I'm a tiring 75 if you please. :21: I've slowed down to the point where I took the bus to reach the churchyard behind the Upperthong church, rather than walking up. I was happy to walk back down to the Holmfirth town center, though.

Airfare differences related the day of the week depend on the airline and the destination. When I book, I usually pull up the airline's advanced search feature and use the date range search, rather searching for a specific pair of dates.

With hotels and B&Bs, the rate can go up on weekends and down during the week, or the opposite, depending on when the greatest number of visitors are usually in the area. Rates in a tourist area will usually be higher in weekends and an area that attracts a lot of business traffic will have higher rates during the week.

Back