Like button missing for some members

gothic

Administrator
Staff member
There are a small number of members that are getting what I can only call "selective" Like buttons.
There does seem to be a pattern for when the like button appears or not and I have passed this information across to the authors of Xenforo as I have no idea at all what is causing it!

Thanks Tony, appreciate you working on this. I figured it was a temporary glitch or something.

Right, an update.
Just heard back from Xenforo Authors and they sent the the code snippets used to generate the actual 'Like' buttons and emphasized to me that there are no variables associated with them.
What that means is that they are either 'On' or 'Off', as simple as that.
They have pointed me to a couple of extraneous influences that might affect their behaviour, so thats where I shall delve in the morning.
I will keep you posted.

Seems that the Like button is working for me again. Thank you again for all your hard work on the site.

I do hope you don't feel that I was complaining in any way. I figured there was some site maintenance work going on, so was not too worried if things were still under construction. I was willing to patiently wait while any kinks got sorted out.

Gothic / Tony, I got an email with a message from you about a conversation in my inbox here. I can read the message in my email but do not see it in my inbox here at the site. Did not want you to think I was ignoring you by not replying. I got the message late and things seemed sorted out. If you still need my info to do some testing let me know - I'm willing to help.

Cheers,
Rick

I think I have finally cracked it :01::01::01::01:
I won't go into the nitty gritty, but the problem was 'Forum' based. So later threads in the 'General Discussion' forum were missing like buttons (for some) so I have had to manipulate ...... hmmmm 'stuff!' that's all ya getting.:cheek:

There WILL be other examples of this, and if any member finds another post/thread without a like button please post the link to it either in a 'Conversation' with me or in this thread.

Right, an update.
Just heard back from Xenforo Authors and they sent the the code snippets used to generate the actual 'Like' buttons and emphasized to me that there are no variables associated with them.
What that means is that they are either 'On' or 'Off', as simple as that.
They have pointed me to a couple of extraneous influences that might affect their behaviour, so thats where I shall delve in the morning.
I will keep you posted.

I have no idea what you just said, but it sounds very impressive. Thanks for your diligent, hard work. We like our "Like" button.

Back