Last of the Summer Time Lords.

joppyuk1

Dedicated Member
First of all, thank you to Pete for allowing him to mess with his photos, and to Becky for suggesting the thread title. Here is the second of my Dr Who toy figure 'lash ups' in tribute to scenes from our favourite TV series. This one from 'Follow That Bottle'
originalbottle.jpg

catchthatbottle3.JPG

This doesn't work with all photos, as a lot depends on the way the original cast are posed, and I try to find reasonably suitable figures to fit the situation. I hope you can see the image, as I've had quite a problem trying to upload it over the last ten minutes. All comments welcome.

Last edited:
I played with it again, should be there now. I think the original file was too large, which was why it didn't load.

That is fantastic,I love these,please do more if you can,
Later on this week I'm putting some photo's up from a walk I did up the Summerwine hills (went to Howard and Pearls house as well),one of the photo's is of Cooper and Walsh nervously next to a dry stone wall because they saw two pairs of legs go over as they drove by (Howard and Marina,who else),and I'v taken a photo from the same place,would you try and do it with that one please.
Thankyou for this photo,its brilliant.:)

I played with it again, should be there now. I think the original file was too large, which was why it didn't load.
I was having trouble trying to load some of mine joppy,then Terry suggested using photobucket as the host,its free and really easy,just put the photos onto photobucket,and copy and paste them from there onto this forum page and they come up in large format,I must admit that as easy as it is to now do it,the first time I tried I had to wait for one of my children to come home to show me.

One more, for the time being. Unfortunately I couldn't move 'Compo's' left arm into the right position, so it will have to do.
10magnetismoriginal.jpg
12magnetismtimelords.JPG

If I find an appropriate 'Howard/Marina' scene I have an international pop star ready to cast as Marina.

I love that joppy,thankyou :) :)
Is this one any good of Howard and Marina,also the Cooper and Walsh one that I'd previously mentioned.
April%2015%20004_zpswv9sko2x.jpg
April%2015%20064_zpsix1yveby.jpg
April%2015%20005_zpsbqqycugx.jpg
April%2015%20061_zpsvmi3pj6l.jpg

I love that joppy,thankyou :) :)
Is this one any good of Howard and Marina,also the Cooper and Walsh one that I'd previously mentioned.
April%2015%20004_zpswv9sko2x.jpg

April%2015%20064_zpsix1yveby.jpg
April%2015%20005_zpsbqqycugx.jpg
April%2015%20061_zpsvmi3pj6l.jpg

Thanks for those. I'll work on the Howard/Marina photo when I get time at the weekend. Cooper and Walsh are a little more difficult, as they have a recognisable uniform, and I don't have any suitable figures. Perhaps I might get hold of a couple of the Brigadier, do a remodel and respray, but that's a lot of work for one photo. I'll keep it in mind for future reference.

Don't go to all that trouble remodelling and respraying,I didn't realise about the uniforms,
In fact,after I posted those photo's I wondered how you would do the Marina one and make it look like she is sitting on a wall,and I got to wondering how you did it at all,do you print off an A4 size photo and then take a photo with the models stood in front of it ?
If it's too difficult with Marina sitting,I'll keep my eyes peeled while watching episodes and see if I can match her up with any of the photos of locations that I'v got,I'v got loads,I'm sure I'm not alone in looking forward to seeing it when you get round to doing it.
Pete.

Don't go to all that trouble remodelling and respraying,I didn't realise about the uniforms,
In fact,after I posted those photo's I wondered how you would do the Marina one and make it look like she is sitting on a wall,and I got to wondering how you did it at all,do you print off an A4 size photo and then take a photo with the models stood in front of it ?
If it's too difficult with Marina sitting,I'll keep my eyes peeled while watching episodes and see if I can match her up with any of the photos of locations that I'v got,I'v got loads,I'm sure I'm not alone in looking forward to seeing it when you get round to doing it.
Pete.

The first two are basically as you say, an A4 print with the figures stood in front of it. I have to leave the feet out, as they are usually blu-tak'd down to stop the figure falling. I have a few ideas about photos where figures are behind objects (Pearl and Eli for example) but will have to work on them. There's also the problem of difficulty with perspective, where a figure is some distance in the background, or some distance into the picture, which is why I work with close up scenes. Howard and Marina sitting on a wall will be fairly easy, but involves a little extra work. Perhaps I'll do a 'how it's done' photo as well, or would that take away the magic?

I think you do it brilliantly,and personally would love to see a photo of how they're made,
Thankyou again.

This weeks contribution is the Howard/Marina on a wall picture. A slightly more complicated set up than usual, especially as the figures I use are difficult to pose sitting if they are in skirts (the ladies) or long coats (some of the gents). I hope it has worked.
13howardandmarinaoriginal.jpg
15howardandmarinatimelords.JPG
I bet no-one would have thought that Kylie Minogue would play Marine?

I'll be putting a photo of the set up on later, so anyone interested can see how it's done.

16howitsdonetimelords.JPG

Here's the team in action. As you can see, they all like to help out. In retrospect, with this particular picture, if the wall cutout had been raised a fraction higher than it was, then I could have hidden more of the original on the background, Howard and Marina are leaning back on push pins positioned so you can't see them. This keeps them propped off the background. I use natural light from the window, as flash leaves distinct shadows.
Mind you, I couldn't do this without the original screen shots and the 'now' scenes from Pete. Thank you

View attachment 693

Here's the team in action. As you can see, they all like to help out. In retrospect, with this particular picture, if the wall cutout had been raised a fraction higher than it was, then I could have hidden more of the original on the background, Howard and Marina are leaning back on push pins positioned so you can't see them. This keeps them propped off the background. I use natural light from the window, as flash leaves distinct shadows.
Mind you, I couldn't do this without the original screen shots and the 'now' scenes from Pete. Thank you
Love that,they're brilliant,thankyou.
What an honour for Kylie,I wonder if she will ever Know.

For those of you who seem to like my photos, I came across a blog today that shows how amateur I am at this lark. If you Google The Little People Project you should find it, and be amazed at what can be done. He (she) has a brilliant imagination.

This weeks offering is a little late, as we've been away in the caravan for the bank holiday. first outing this year and trial run with new car before gallivanting off to France for a couple of weeks at the end of the month. This one is the Cooper and Walsh scene, and I've made best use of the figures I have on hand. I would have liked two of the one in the jumper, but wearing the cap rather than the beret, as that would fit better.
17cooperandwalshoriginal.jpg

19cooperandwalshtimelords.jpg

I see some new photos have appeared. They could present a few challenges!

This weeks offering is the last for a few weeks, as MrsJ and I, plus assorted relatives and friends, are off on a caravan trip round the Loire valley until June, so I won't have time to play.
vampireoriginal.jpg
pearlandvampiretimelords.JPG
Having a vampire of a smaller size helps with the perspective. I'm not sure where he came from, as some of these figures have been hanging about since the children were small. Pearl's position by the pillar manages to disguise the split in the scenery.

They are brilliant Ian,thankyou :) I'm sorry I'v not replied sooner,due to work and other things this is the first time on the site for five or six weeks,and I won't be on again after today until next week when I'v got some time off,please keep them coming if you can,we really appreciate the effort you put in,I'm going to Marsden next week and plan to put up some more photos,from A brief excursion in the fast lane,Adopted by a stray,and some with the Foggy trio around Marsden and the Eastergate bridge,Thankyou again.

Back