Last 2 boxsets out later this year

I hope so but those have the look of speculative Amazon pages to me (note the 2015 date in the description). Still, it would be nice to see them wrap up the releases. And hopefully the 31/32 set is right about including the pilot.

I hope so but those have the look of speculative Amazon pages to me (note the 2015 date in the description). Still, it would be nice to see them wrap up the releases. And hopefully the 31/32 set is right about including the pilot.

I've never seen a speculative Amazon page with a pre-order button, a price and from which one can place a firm order with the delivery date range displayed in the order record. The speculative pages have only a button to ask to be notified when the specific information is available.

With the last several box sets, I've pre-ordered as soon as the full description was displayed and in each case the set has been delivered within the date range shown on the order. The only variable has been the price. Amazon's terms and conditions state, "Whenever you pre-order an item eligible for our Pre-order Price Guarantee [as these two sets are], the price you pay will be the lowest price offered by Amazon between the time you place your order up to and including the release date, (where the item has a stated release date), or the date the item is dispatched ... (where the item does not have a stated release date)." I've sometimes found that my credit card has been charged less than I had expected, even accounting for exchange rate fluctuations.

At last some good news. Let's hope they stick to it and they are released this year. It will be great to have the complete box set.

My Amazon notification gave May as the date for 29, later in the year for the final set.

Some else said they were told they were releasing both sats at the same time so I'm still not sure whats happening to be honest.

My Amazon notification gave May as the date for 29, later in the year for the final set.

I'll take it in May! My order acknowledgement didn't list a ship date for 29/30. It listed July 11th as the ship date for 31/32. I suppose that qualifies as "later in the year".

I'm glad the collection will be concluded.

I think the collection has been going since about 2002 - admittedly the show still had another seven or eight years of life still in it.

I'm glad they had the good sense to include the pilot episode - even though it's on the final box set.

Ideal for Chuck - as soon as he watches the final episode he starts again with the first!

I take it The Funny Side of Christmas episode won't be on it?

I see Playback have now brought out Last of the Summer Wine Series 1-4 as well. It doesn't include pilot. Does anyone have this? I was wondering if the first three episodes now include their original opening and end credits??

Ideal for Chuck - as soon as he watches the final episode he starts again with the first!

Yes but most of my episodes (and I do have them all) were
downloaded back before there were box sets. I stopped buying
box sets because I got tired of wading thru all the "up front"
DVD noise. I prefer just to select a file to play from a simple
list. Mostly as AVI files.

chuck

They finally released the Vintage 2006 series in Region 1 and when I went to order it today I was surprised to see the US Amazon page offering me the 29/30 Region 2 box set as well. There were a couple of options, but for $50 and $4 shipping I ordered it as I have a multi region player. Should be here early next month and shipping from the UK.

Back