keep up at the back!

A similar article (I think from the 'Mail') showed up on my recommended reading list yesterday morn. It was nice enough article even though it told us what some already knew.

A similar article (I think from the 'Mail') showed up on my recommended reading list yesterday morn. It was nice enough article even though it told us what some already knew.
Yes i just thought it was a bit strange as it was reported by loads of sources on the same day, even Yorkshire publications who surely must have known about it earlier.

One hopes that in the near future that our beloved Peter Sallis is shown the reverence he deserves and they finally are able to place a headstone on his grave rather than the plain wooden cross we saw in the pictures earlier in the year.

It was posted on out Facebook groups only a few days ago that the news had just found out about it, we've known for months ! I went up there twice last year.

Maybe the head stone is being made and someone found out. I know you usually have to wait 6-12 months before you can safely erect a grave stone.

I don't know if Pearl or Terry you have perhaps been back to St John's ? Given Peter died so sadly in early June last year I would imagine the ground must have settled by now , despite the weather, and I am hoping he has been accorded a fitting tribute in the context of a headstone to mark what he achieved in the show and throughout his acting career .

Unfortunately I've not been able to get back up there yet but if I hear anything I'll let up know. However it's old ground and with all the rain we've had I'd be surrised if it's settled properly yet.

Back