Just thought this was a bit funny

WesleyRocks

Dedicated Member
Sorry to all for this post, I want to apologize for putting a person up on our site cursing. I should not have done that. I guess I found it funny because I didn't know their meanings.
I wouldn't like it if someone on that side of the pond would put up a comedian dropping the "F" bomb.
Anyways, there was no harm meant and I hope this apology is Okay with all.
Darin

Last edited:
I have a theory about that, a lot of the first settlers were Irish, and lord knows the Irish love a good party, I know this because I married an Irishman (and all his sisters :13:), so its the lovely Irish that are keeping the party going :D :D

"Disclaimer, no Irishman were hurt or insulted during the making of this post"

In case anybody hasn't noticed, gas is now hovering at $4.00 a gallon, milk is also hovering at around $4.00 a gallon and we're rapidly heading towards national healthcare.

Happy 4th of July!!

Off topic

My husband can't wait for the Newcastle Werewolf beer to go into production. Should be soon!!!

Speaking of Newcastle (all right - for the purists - Hexham), for a soft drink with a kick have you tried Fentimans Ginger Beer? Warning - it's addictive!

Marianna

Being blunt, I found this appalling. Why do so called comedians think they can be funny by just trotting out a meaningless string of expletives?

Speaking of Newcastle (all right - for the purists - Hexham), for a soft drink with a kick have you tried Fentimans Ginger Beer? Warning - it's addictive!

Marianna

Can we get here in the states. Publix(store in south)has a large variety of foreign ales. Not much of a drinker , so I may give it a try.

Can we get here in the states. Publix(store in south)has a large variety of foreign ales. Not much of a drinker , so I may give it a try.

I buy it in my local Wegmans, in their Nature's Market department (organic and other particularly healthful foods). If Publix has a similar department, that would be the place to begin looking. The second department to try would be the soft drinks. Unfortunately, their web site doesn't seem to allow searching for and browsing items or classes of items.

The Fentimans products sold in the States are made and bottled in New Jersey under license from the parent company. The recipes are the same, but the water would be different. If I had a more discerning palate, I might be able to detect a variation in the flavor, but it tastes exactly the same to me here as it did the first time I had it, in the bar of a country house hotel across Derwent Water from Keswick.

Marianna

Last edited:
Being blunt, I found this appalling. Why do so called comedians think they can be funny by just trotting out a meaningless string of expletives?

That would only leave Playboy for teenage boys to snigger at!

Bad thing is, I don't even know what half of the stuff he said meant.

If you want to PM me any words you don't understand I'll be happy to translate but if there the words I'm thinking of then you have to promise no eye contact for a month afterwards :D

I thought the video was hilarious. I don't know all the slang words, but don't feel the need to. To me they are just amusing the way they are without really knowing the meaning. I can just guess at them.

Back