Jan 2014 ask Darren

We are watching a Truly right now, and we were just commenting on how Foggy was good at bossing Compo around. Truly took it easy on Compo compared to Foggy. Foggy was a good one!

I agree on that one, i'm just watching "The Incredible Ordeal of Norman Clegg" and despite me still loving the show after Foggy and Compo it wasn't the same as with them two in it

As you're also a big Dr. Who fan Darren, if you had to pick a Summer Wine actor to play the Doctor in a one off special who would you pick and why?

As you're also a big Dr. Who fan Darren, if you had to pick a Summer Wine actor to play the Doctor in a one off special who would you pick and why?

ooh good question, I think a few actors from the show could have played The Doctor but out of all of them i'm going to throw a curveball and say Russ Abbot, he can be funny and also do serious stuff as well and at the time he was in Summer Wine he might have just been young enough to do the physical stuff that you do in Doctor Who

If you were not afraid to fly and you could go anywhere you would want, where would it be?

If you were not afraid to fly and you could go anywhere you would want, where would it be?

I haven't really thought to be honest, but if I could go anywhere I want I suppose Australia or New Zealand would be nice to visit

Darren, Are you on any other LOSW fan sites? I ran across a blog of 2 young men in GB they call themselves. "2 men one bath and 295 episodes", they watch and dissect , give opinions. etc...

Darren, Are you on any other LOSW fan sites? I ran across a blog of 2 young men in GB they call themselves. "2 men one bath and 295 episodes", they watch and dissect , give opinions. etc...

no im not on any other Last of the Summer Wine fan sites, to be fair theres not many out there and if they are there not up to the standard of this site

Darren, Not sure if this has been asked(don't think so), but, did you ever get a chance to be an extra in LOTSW?

Darren, Not sure if this has been asked(don't think so), but, did you ever get a chance to be an extra in LOTSW?

it hasn't been asked darin and the answer is yes, when we was arranging to go on location for series 31 me and my dad was offered a few days to choose from and one of those days included being an extra in the show, unfortunately that day it was offered on my dad couldn't get the day off work so we had to go on a different day, but im sure had we known that it was going to be the last series of the show we would have made the effort to go on that day, I know this might sound daft to non Summer Wine fans but that's my 1 regret in life I wasn't able to appear on the show even as an extra in the street or in a pub etc, that would have been so wonderful to have done that, but I still consider myself lucky to have gone on location for filming and to my knowledge me and my dad was the last people to be invited onto the location filming.

Away from Summer Wine I do like other tv shows, I like a lot of the classic comedies such as Dad's Army, Only Fools and Horses, One Foot in the Grave, Keeping Up Appearances, The Vicar of Dibley, Porridge, Open All Hours (enjoyed the sequel on Boxing Day), Birds of a Feather and Mr Bean. I also like The Simpsons, Futurama, Malcolm in the Middle and The Middle (there the only USA shows I watch really), I also like some murder mysteries like Midsomer Murders, Morse and its spin offs, Broadchurch.

Good choices with The Middle and Malcolm in the Middle (two seperate shows). Malcom in the Middle was a hilarious and underrated show from the 90's about the wild adventures of a family and its four boys. Have you seen the episode where the father takes on the trash collection company?

The Middle is a current show. I have seen glimpses of My Family. To me, the Middle is like My Family, only with a little more emphasis on the mother then the father.

Good choices with The Middle and Malcolm in the Middle (two seperate shows). Malcom in the Middle was a hilarious and underrated show from the 90's about the wild adventures of a family and its four boys. Have you seen the episode where the father takes on the trash collection company?

The Middle is a current show. I have seen glimpses of My Family. To me, the Middle is like My Family, only with a little more emphasis on the mother then the father.

over here in the UK all 7 series are available on dvd so got them in my collection. I agree in The Middle the emphasis is on the mother but I still like the show

Darren, What is your favorite meal? Favorite dessert or sweet?

favourite meal I have 3 that I cant separate, they are a roast beef sunday lunch, steak and chips with black pudding and fish and chips I just cant separate them. desert wise it depends if its hot or cold, hot is has to be a nice apple crumble, if its cold is has to be a profiteer (is that how you spell it, the pastry balls filled with cream and got chocolate on) roll gateau from sainsburys that's lovely

Darren, What is your favorite meal? Favorite dessert or sweet?

favourite meal I have 3 that I cant separate, they are a roast beef sunday lunch, steak and chips with black pudding and fish and chips I just cant separate them. desert wise it depends if its hot or cold, hot is has to be a nice apple crumble, if its cold is has to be a profiteer (is that how you spell it, the pastry balls filled with cream and got chocolate on) roll gateau from sainsburys that's lovely
Don't like em myself Darren but I think they are Profiteroles? :-\

Darren, if you could bring back Summer Wine with the same characters but with different actors who would you cast?

Back