It is Happening More and More

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I first noticed this in American TV shows and it seems we have imported the idea here with the odd show. The show starts by showing you what happened in the last episode,do you find this useful or do you find it annoying.

I read the main reason for this is not to remind you what happened,but it is another 2-4 minutes less of the show they have to make,I suppose over a typical run of 22 episodes, they could save 40+ minutes,in the same article I read that some shows opening credits have also been extended along with the shorted show content as they have added at the end whats coming in the next episode

With a series I tend to tape it all then watch in one go, so I find it annoying but what really bugs me is when the show what happened last week in the wrong sequence. If there have to do this then surely they should show it in the right sequence.
Programs are getting shorter as are series, a new series used to mean about 6 episodes now some are only 4.

I remember an old American cop show that always started with "" Previously on NYPD Blue "" Seems like it caught on from then?? :confused:

If they start doing that on Eastenders Street or Coronation Farm the intro will be longer than the program :32::32:

No sorry, I of course mean Coronation Street, Emmerdale Farm and Eastenders all of which have the same story line rehashed over and over again. :D

They have been doing that for many, many years here in the states. I can remember as a kid hearing those words while laying on the floor and my parents having the television on. " previously on....."

No sorry, I of course mean Coronation Street, Emmerdale Farm and Eastenders all of which have the same story line rehashed over and over again. :D

If I were some here I might point out that Emmerdale Farm dropped the farm some years ago .... but of course there are no pedants here :biggrin::biggrin::wink::wink:

time for:coffee::coffee:

If I were some here I might point out that Emmerdale Farm dropped the farm some years ago .... but of course there are no pedants here :biggrin::biggrin::wink::wink:

time for:coffee::coffee:

Just shows you what a fan I am :wink:

:biggrin::biggrin:Mind you Pearl, I still think of Minnie Caldwell, Martha Longhurst and Ena Sharples in the snug when I think of Coronation Street.

:confused::confused::wink::wink::):)

Back