Interesting Video with a question

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
A Video from Korea showing complete manufacturer of mains extension leads for the US market, I notice much like the UK the mains plug is moulded on, I wonder how many just in the UK of these plug tops are in landfill, in the days before moulded plugs I always removed them and saved them for other uses. Interesting is they makeup their own cables from the bare copper wire

If it's a fitted flex on a product I cut it off near the cable entry, or open the item up and unscrew the connection. I use the flexes for various projects, including making short extensions - how many times has something been just 2 feet short of reaching a socket!? As well as saving a bit of waste and giving me a "free" flex, it also stops some idiot trying to plug in or revive the old device.

A Video from Korea showing complete manufacturer of mains extension leads for the US market, I notice much like the UK the mains plug is moulded on, I wonder how many just in the UK of these plug tops are in landfill, in the days before moulded plugs I always removed them and saved them for other uses. Interesting is they makeup their own cables from the bare copper wire
Are you certain that they're for the US market? Our plugs are shaped like those shown here:

The first course of action when something didn't work was to check the plug! Now you can't you have to buy a whole new gadget!

Back