Howdy from Texas :)

Curt Angell

Howdy,
My name is Curt and I live in a tiny little town in Texas. YES Compo is my hero. I was introduced to British comedy in 1974 (at the age of 10), when the Dallas PBS station became the first American tv channel to show Monty Python. I am lucky that I got started so young, as I have grown to understand difficult accents and the unique humor that is TOTALLY Brit. Eventually KERA (PBS-Dallas) offered up LOTSW and me and my friends fell in love with it. We did not get to see much of Compo (it started with the Truly, Clegg, Compo trio). THANK YOU YOUTUBE! I have now seen all the Blaymire's, all the Seymours, all of Foggy's first episodes, and most from his second stint. My faves outside the trio are: Wally, Nora, Smiler, and Ely. I believe that Santa will be bring me the DVD's for Christmas.

Of course I love AYBS?, Vicar of Dibley, Father Ted, Allo Allo, Doc Martin, and others ;D

Howdy,
My name is Curt and I live in a tiny little town in Texas. YES Compo is my hero. I was introduced to British comedy in 1974 (at the age of 10), when the Dallas PBS station became the first American tv channel to show Monty Python. I am lucky that I got started so young, as I have grown to understand difficult accents and the unique humor that is TOTALLY Brit. Eventually KERA (PBS-Dallas) offered up LOTSW and me and my friends fell in love with it. We did not get to see much of Compo (it started with the Truly, Clegg, Compo trio). THANK YOU YOUTUBE! I have now seen all the Blaymire's, all the Seymours, all of Foggy's first episodes, and most from his second stint. My faves outside the trio are: Wally, Nora, Smiler, and Ely. I believe that Santa will be bring me the DVD's for Christmas.

Of course I love AYBS?, Vicar of Dibley, Father Ted, Allo Allo, Doc Martin, and others ;D

Welcome aboard Curt and I hope you enjoy anytime you spend here and it is great to hear you have worked out our sense of humor,Terry

Howdy partner from Virginia!!! Truly (ha ha) amazing that you can get past the accents!

I was fortunate to go to texas in 1995, my brother in law was working for mobil in Beaumont...had an utterly fantastic time....went to the Houston space centre, san Antonio, popped over into Louisiana and also went to Galveston...had a brilliant time, met lots of lovely people and it was so nice not going on a"package holiday".......we drive from the English midlands to the south of france twice a year, love it....just a 1000 miles.....takes about 20 hours....but usa distances are mindboggling on the road.....I did laugh at a couple of incidents in Beaumont, I went to buy new glasses and the girl said to me "gee I love your accent"...doh !!! then she went on to ask if I was Australian !...close, only a few thousand miles out :)

oh by the way I have a question for you American friends....I know Oklahoma and Kansas get clobbered by tornadoes in the alley, do they develop and affect texas in the earlier stages ? :)

Not sure about tornadoes, but Texas has occasionally been clobbered by hurricanes coming up from the south.

Back