Howard's Surname?

In one of the books released in the 1980's it was revealed as Sibshaw, however it wasn't used on the series till 2010 (series 31) after Howard was thrown out of the house, in the episode "Howard and the Great Outdoors" when Hobbo dressed Howard up as a tramp and Glenda took him to the cafe she said to Ivy that it's Mr Sibshaw and Ivy responds Pearl's Howard and Glenda nodded. Glenda never used the word Sibshaw when she ever spoke to Pearl, she always called her Pearl, no one ever called her Mrs Sibshaw, I think seeing there was a chance that series was to be the last that Roy Clarke decided to close a few chapters in the show and the mystery of Howard and Pearl's surname was one of them

In one of the books released in the 1980's it was revealed as Sibshaw, however it wasn't used on the series till 2010 (series 31) after Howard was thrown out of the house, in the episode "Howard and the Great Outdoors" when Hobbo dressed Howard up as a tramp and Glenda took him to the cafe she said to Ivy that it's Mr Sibshaw and Ivy responds Pearl's Howard and Glenda nodded. Glenda never used the word Sibshaw when she ever spoke to Pearl, she always called her Pearl, no one ever called her Mrs Sibshaw, I think seeing there was a chance that series was to be the last that Roy Clarke decided to close a few chapters in the show and the mystery of Howard and Pearl's surname was one of them
Thanks Darren ;) I knew I'd heard it on one show with Glenda involved ;D

I think I read somewhere that ivy's maiden name was Bolton, but cant do better than that i'm afraid... ???

Always thought Howard should have been a Walkinshaw or some other Yorkshire name ,wonder what Pearls origonal name was (should have been Pearl from hell)

Back