Howard and Pearl Divorce

Bora Natty

Dedicated Member
Okay, it's obvious she knew what was going on with Howard and Marina. She threatened to get rid of him many times, whether that meant divorce, or burying him in the back yard. She almost got rid of him at the end of the series, when he turned into a tramp, to weasel his way back home. I thought that time, maybe this was his end. Now, suppose it was Howard's end, would he date Marina, or would his roving eye, put him with another Holmfirth damsel? Who would you put him with and what about Pearl, would there be a man there that would be actually brave/crazy enough to ask Pearl out, and maybe even marry her. What do you all think?

Last edited:
Pearl would have gone for Norman Clegg after showing briefly a soft spot for him in compassion previously. He of course would fall into total submission by default. Howard would find himself in piping hot water once more by having Eva back in town again and being completely unwilling to share him with Marina.

Would he end up with Marina, or would this be his chance to really wander? Would Marina even want him, or would she realize what a weasel he really is and not hitch her wagon to a star, so to speak?

Would he end up with Marina, or would this be his chance to really wander? Would Marina even want him, or would she realize what a weasel he really is and not hitch her wagon to a star, so to speak?
Howard says in Howard Throws a Wobbler that he was 'doing nicely seeing Marina a couple afternoons a week' when Truly mentions having more time with Marina if Pearl is having an affair.

I'm pretty sure if Howard & Pearl split up, Howard would be regularly scheming as to how to get back with her, just as he did in the last series. I don't think he was really interested in anything more serious with anyone else, Marina included.....

Back