Horlicks?

Roz

I think this is on topic, since Foggy mentioned it a few times: Has anyone here had Horlicks? What is it like? It isn't available in the States, and I just have always wondered. I've had malted things, and I'm wondering if it's a bit like that in taste? Maybe a funny question, but it's been rolling around in my mind ever since Foggy used it on his dart to subdue a gorilla. I loved that! ;D

https://www.horlicks.co.uk/products/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horlicks

But also:
Usually taken to be a substitute for the profanity "bollocks". This use was exploited by the company in a 1990's advertising campaign, in which a harassed housewife exclaims "Horlicks" in a context where a stronger term could have been expected, thus widening the term's exposure and usage for a while.

This substitution in the form of a singular noun is also used to refer to a minor disaster or shambles, as in 'to make a complete Horlicks of something'.[3] For example, the term was used in July 2003 by British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw ("a complete Horlicks"[4]) to describe irregularities in the preparation and provenance of a dossier regarding weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Horlicks?? I remember that from days or years gone by. Every night our mother use to make it for us but sometimes Milo. Hot Chocolate was very rare in our house as she said that it was not good for boys. Something about causing stones etc. But my favorite was Milo. Hard to explain the taste but I liked it. Second best was Horlicks. I think they now have Horlicks in some sort of tablets.. Milo has a taste of malted milk.

Horlicks is that and Milo is something else. They are both good.

I don´t know Horlicks, nor Ovaltine, nor Milo :'(! But it´s a good topic, I also always wondered about the Horlicks in the gorilla episode. At least I have a vague idea what it is now.

A Horlicks at night does make you sleep its a creamy drink and on cold evenings its great,thought that we exported it all over the world.

Back