Hobdyke special

Ch74

31 Dec 2008 S I Was A Hitman For Primrose Dairies

Im guessing this is the one which introduces Hobdyke. Has anyone ever seen this one repeated? I'm. Sure I've watched it originally but never seen it since

Hello. yes it has been repeated several times, I think you just have to keep an eye on the TV scheduling.

Thanks. I've seen all 30 and 31 but never seen that episode..I'm guessing it was a stand alone one

Its down as being a New Year's Eve Special for 2008 but I've seen it in sync with the other episodes from 2009.

It was the same for me CH74. I posted a couple of threads about that episode a while back every time UKTV showed that series it was missing . I was so annoyed I mailed them and eventually they recognised their mistake, contacted their distributor and secured the episode which they said the company had failed to supply . I held back from asking how they thought a series would start at episode 2 as I was delighted they had recognised the issue. I did post a thread last week to remind people that the episode was to air on the 17th and 10:20 on UK Gold glad you managed to see it .

Wish they had made at least one more serie's, as I think Hobbo would have had more time to settle in better. It seemed different with Brian Wilde Michael Aldridge and Frank Thornton, they somehow fitted in straight away. For me especially Michael Aldridge.

I am watching Ever Decreasing Circles on UK Gold and Martin inspired me to remind UKTV yet again about Series 30 Episode 1 which is missing from the repeats of LOTSW again today . The episodes today are 29/11 then 30/2 and 30/3 . I cannot imagine there are many new viewers but with Martin's words " If a job's worth doing............. " ringing in my ears I have picked up the keyboard and dropped UKTV a note to request an explanation why they have yet again demonstrated this glaring lack of ability in terms of continuity .

There is an episode of One Foot in the Grave when Margaret loses her job and expresses a deep concern that she is going to turn into Victor , I am worried now since retiring that I am turning into not only Victor but now twinned with Martin Bryce :13:

I am watching Ever Decreasing Circles on UK Gold and Martin inspired me to remind UKTV yet again about Series 30 Episode 1 which is missing from the repeats of LOTSW again today . The episodes today are 29/11 then 30/2 and 30/3 . I cannot imagine there are many new viewers but with Martin's words " If a job's worth doing............. " ringing in my ears I have picked up the keyboard and dropped UKTV a note to request an explanation why they have yet again demonstrated this glaring lack of ability in terms of continuity .

There is an episode of One Foot in the Grave when Margaret loses her job and expresses a deep concern that she is going to turn into Victor , I am worried now since retiring that I am turning into not only Victor but now twinned with Martin Bryce :13:

You go girl friend, give em hell.

Keep us posted on any replies.

I had the following response from UKTV

I'm afraid there is no oversight this time around, this episode was originally broadcast 31/12/2008,(Episode 2 which is actually the start of series 30 didn't broadcast till April19th 2009) it's a Christmas Special, as such we won't be broadcasting it this time around, when we broadcast Christmas Specials outside the festive period we generate a lot of complaints.

Clearly they don't watch their own shows , don't read or they are like a number of retail outlets starting Christmas earlier again [see informative response I received last time ]

Further to our previous messages we just wanted to let you know that
this episode is due to air on 21st June. You might want to check
listings, or the programme page nearer the time for more details:

So I have gone into Martin Bryce / Victor Meldrew mode again and sent a further response , remarkably without any sarcasm for which there is plenty of material to work on in their response. I will keep you posted. :)

Yet another expedient response . It is so nice to know that our Broadcasters are on the ball and have really researched the programmes the broadcast with no stone
unturned in their quest for knowledge about the shows they bring to screen :08:

" The previous correspondence was also correct, there is a labelling issue with this episode, IMDB confirms it is not episode 1 but a special episode: "

Here is a novel suggestion why not have someone watch it and see if it is relevant to establishing how the Hobbo character became involved in the show :08:

They ended the mail with the words " we can only make changes to our schedules in exceptional circumstances" I am now racking my brain as to what was so special about the 21st of June last year when they seemed happy enough to broadcast in sequence.

The rant endeth here!

You'll get more sense and a much lesser headache by banding your head on a wall.

Back