Happy New Year!

Emma

Dedicated Member
Happy New Year from the frozen tundra of Midwest America that I call home. Right now, it is 16 degrees F, (-8 degrees C) which is quite balmy, and up from 6 degrees F (-14 degrees C).

Everyone on this forum had been so kind, and forthcoming with information about one of my all-time favorite TV programs, and I thank you.

It is snowing, gloomy, and altogether quite miserable, but I am cozy inside with everything I need.

I hope each of you had a Merry Christmas and a happy Boxing Day. Cheers for the new year.

From the east coast of your side of the pond a Happy New Year to you as well, Emma. It is pretty darn chilly here too. Thankfully we have not gotten the snow that a few states north of me has.

If you are snowed.. in it is always nice to put a fire in the fireplace, heat up some cocoa and watch some of our favorite Yorkshire telly.

Thank you Emma , I do hope you manage to get comfortable despite the freezing temperatures . Have a wonderful and joyous New Years Eve celebration and a great 2018. We in the UK have had our customary flurry of snow which is enough to bring our infrastructure to a halt but at least it keeps the News Reporters occupied , when they are dispatched far and wide to report from various communities where there is a chance the supply of Hummus and Avocados may not get through .

I am not a great fan of the Christmas adverts the companies put together this time of year but I will make an exception this year with the Waitrose advert because it demonstrates that people can pull together in the face of adversity albeit in a staged manner for the advert . You may not have seen it but its on You tube

Best Wishes to you , your friends and all of the members on the Forum

Thank you Emma , I do hope you manage to get comfortable despite the freezing temperatures . Have a wonderful and joyous New Years Eve celebration and a great 2018. We in the UK have had our customary flurry of snow which is enough to bring our infrastructure to a halt but at least it keeps the News Reporters occupied , when they are dispatched far and wide to report from various communities where there is a chance the supply of Hummus and Avocados may not get through .

I am not a great fan of the Christmas adverts the companies put together this time of year but I will make an exception this year with the Waitrose advert because it demonstrates that people can pull together in the face of adversity albeit in a staged manner for the advert . You may not have seen it but its on You tube

Best Wishes to you , your friends and all of the members on the Forum
Thanks for the video. Special commercials, like this one, are only aired locally once each year. There is usually a compilation of international commercials which have gained some merit/notoriety, so I never have a chance to see your TV ads.

Back