Happy Birthday Lizsheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
Hope you have a good day Liz. Please pop in and let us know what your plans are. It would be nice to hear from you.:01::37:.

Happy Belated Birthday Liz , sadly looking at the Members list I see Liz has yet to post anything since joining perhaps she has had a change of heart about joining up :(

Happy Belated Birthday Liz , sadly looking at the Members list I see Liz has yet to post anything since joining perhaps she has had a change of heart about joining up :(
I'm going to be slightly controversial...

I've looked back at the new threads over the past several months and well over 80% of them are on subjects not connected with LOTSW. It's wonderful that there is a community spirit and clearly part of that is discussing other subjects (I've done it myself a few times) but I'm wondering whether that is putting off new members who are clearly attracted to this site by the series, or even existing members leaving?

Barry you are most probably correct in your diagnosis , however , threads such as this one are common . If members birthdays come up under the Members pull down menu for a particular day then threads are created to respectfully pass on best wishes out of common courtesy . I am not on Facebook but I know Pearl and others are , they may wish to proffer a view whether that forum offers a more LOTSW exclusive output which may provide you and others an additional facility to discuss our beloved show,I detest Facebook so I will never know . This Forum has been active for so many years now its difficult to provide new angles on LOTSW and to create new content about the show that has not previously been published and so other themes creep in .

I'm going to lock this thread, Liz hasn't posted anything or been on so she won't see it and it's going off topic.
Barry, we do have a place for none Summer Wine subjects and people use it a lot, we do like the community feel as good for everyone to get to know each other and I know some times we do use more than the SW related threads but that's the way it works. We'll try and add more SW threads this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back