Happy Birthday David Jason!

Thank you for the notification Louise it will be a good watch, lots of his early shows still air on UK Gold Lucky Feller and A Sharp Intake of Breath and of course he stars in Roy Clarke's " Other Show ".

I wonder what sort of guest star role , like Sir Norman Wisdom did, he could have played in Roy's beloved show ? The obvious would be a cheeky cockney fly boy who tries to flog the community some "dodgy gear" but eventually gets rumbled on similar lines to Commander Willoughby , it would give Truly the chance to reenact his glory days of Truly of the Yard as he could purport to know this "Villain" :)

David could have played a Compo-esqe character, could even be a lost relative. I've read DJ's autobiography and he was often called upon to play slapstick humour so would have been ideal, they even share a similar stature.

He also made a long forgotten film with the beautiful Imogen Hassall (from Carry On fame) called White Cargo - the reason it's long forgotten is because it's absolutely dreadful!!!!!

He sort of did when he played Dithers the Gardener opposite Ronnie Barker as Lord Rustless and of course our very own Josephine Tewson as the long suffering Mildred Bates in Hark at Barker
Another one to add to the vintage sitcom viewing list! I've just got the DVD of Manns Best Friends to watch next....

I watched the tribute but I found it a bit thin and lacking in content when you consider his CV . Whilst Johnny Vegas is a very funny guy and yes he is in Still Open All Hours I think he was the wrong choice to present the show .

I agree.
I felt like Johnny Vegas could have said a bit more about David being in A Touch of Frost.
Johnny also didn't mention that David had been in Porridge.

Back