Happy 4th July

I have a good Friend in Ohio. ( who is also a member of the Forum.) and she was watching the fireworks. The guys across the pond Know how to party.

Went to a pool party yesterday they had some moonshine,called Apple pie. Took a little sip about 2 teaspoons. Tasted just like apple pie,no burn and after hit my stomach I felt the alcohol kick in. They said about 140-160 proof!!!!! OMG. Someone could really get snookered on that stuff.:12::12:

I had a barbecue with a few close relatives and friends. Then after that was over, Joey and I put on a cool firework show for mom and dad. Then once mom and dad went to bed, we went out and had some real fun! Disregarding safety warnings on fireworks, throwing them at people out the car windows, drinking beer on the basketball court. Stuff like that. Joey's my brother from another mother (he's actually my cousin) and we're also partners in crime. My sister usually tries to keep us under control, but she had to work last night, so we were free to be as irresponsible as we wanted! LOL :respect:

Went to a pool party yesterday they had some moonshine,called Apple pie. Took a little sip about 2 teaspoons. Tasted just like apple pie,no burn and after hit my stomach I felt the alcohol kick in. They said about 140-160 proof!!!!! OMG. Someone could really get snookered on that stuff.:12::12:

So why do you think that they call it moonshine?

Thanks to greetings from across the Pond. I'm glad that we're friends and we had a very quiet Fourth. Well sort of. People kept on setting off cherry bombs and the cats were concerned.

In case anyone has missed this fact, the Tour de France went through Holmfirth!!

In case anyone has missed this fact, the Tour de France went through Holmfirth!!

Not yet it hasn't!! That's tomorrow (Sunday in case this
gets lost).

Today got Hawes and the Dales over Buttertubs.

Tomorrow gets Huddersfield, Holmfirth, and Holme Moss.

My granddad use to make moonshine! He taught my mom how and my mom taught me. But I don't want to, so I don't do it and my mom doesn't do it anymore, so we don't drink that stuff.

My granddad use to make moonshine! He taught my mom how and my mom taught me. But I don't want to, so I don't do it and my mom doesn't do it anymore, so we don't drink that stuff.

Do you know the folk song 'Copper Kettle'? 'My daddy he made whiskey, my grandaddy too. We ain't paid no whiskey tax since 1792'. And so forth. I wouldn't surprised if the lyrics contained a pretty accurate and nearly complete recipe and method for making moonshine. The song is one of my favorites from the early recordings of Joan Baez.

Marianna

Back