Groovin' with Mr Bloe

JBCat

Dedicated Member
Talking about music recently, I was just reminded of this record from 1970 which I liked a lot at the time.

Apparently it was Harry Pitch playing on the recording, the same great harmonica player who played on the LOTSW theme.

Don't think this has been mentioned before, nothing came up on a search for "Bloe" but apologies if I'm wrong - as a relative newcomer, I'm always at risk of repeating old news.

I like that, not familiar with Mr. Bloe. I think about repeating posts as well sometimes. This groups seems nicely forgiving if we do. Might even start a new discussion all over again.

Interesting you posted something about harmonica playing since I was listening to a song with some last night. Some of my favorite harmonica playing is done by singer Robert Plant in the Led Zeppelin remake of When the Levee Breaks. The song was originally recorded by Kansas Joe McCoy and Memphis Minnie in 1929 about the floods in the Mississippi delta a few years earlier. I think the Led Zeppelin version really transformed the original and made it much more bluesy, gritty, hard hitting and full of despair. The original version reminds me of the group Canned Heat.

That's a good track, Rick.
I wasn't really into Led Zeppelin when younger, but more recently I knew people who liked them a lot and they got me into them more, and I have their "Mothership" double CD. Really like "Kashmir" also.

Talking about music recently, I was just reminded of this record from 1970 which I liked a lot at the time.

Apparently it was Harry Pitch playing on the recording, the same great harmonica player who played on the LOTSW theme.

Don't think this has been mentioned before, nothing came up on a search for "Bloe" but apologies if I'm wrong - as a relative newcomer, I'm always at risk of repeating old news.

Heck ! - For a fraction of a second I read "Harry Pitch" as "Harry Partch". The mind boggles at the thought of Harry Partch performing LOSW backing music. Look him up on Youtube !

Some great harmonica players through the years three who I have many records by Little Walter, Sony Boy Williamson and Kim Wilson [of Fabulous Thunderbirds Fame ] however two of the real greats , in my eyes, Larry Adler and Toots Thielemans the latter of course famous for the theme to Midnight Cowboy and Oscar Petersen and he played an iconic version of Caravan. The worst harmonica players ...................... all those kids whose Mum or Dad think its a really good idea to buy them a plastic toy Harmonica from a shop and hand it over to them:)

Back