Greeting from Northamptonshire

Karen

I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and thought it was time I actually posted something!

I remember the first time I watched an episode of LOTSW. I was primary school age! As it started I was expecting some sort of period drama. No idea why! Even being a youngster I found it amusing to watch, although I probably didn't understand most of the humour back then. Obviously I didn't become hooked until I was several years older. There were a couple of characters along the way who I wasn't especially keen on, but the show will always remain an absolute favourite. The will never be another Compo, Clegg and Foggy. They were in a league of their own.

Hello Karen and welcome to the forum . I hope you enjoy your time on here and I look forward to your posts and contributions to the threads . If you are interested in the episodes and would like to see locations as they were filmed and how they are now then there are some great photos in the Members photos section which are well worth a view :)

Hello, after all this time. I am not a regular, and it has been months since I last logged in to this site. Years ago, I had a pen pal who lived in Northamptonshire. We met through Girl Scouts (US)/Girl Guides (UK), and I still have her address. She abbreviated her location as Rushden, "Northants" and I wondered why I could never find it on a map! It took decades, and Google for me to learn that Northants was an abbreviation for Northamptonshire.

Welcome, only just seen this thread. Like you I do not get here that often but occasionally write some stuff to keep the post count up!

Back