Great Photo

Great photo. Thanks for sharing. Please send along thanks to Stephen for letting you share it with us. Look forward to more.

Been there...done that! :03::37::D

I would recommend it to anyone.......one thing to keep in mind though......the bus is an old boneshaker, nothing wrong with that as it adds to the charm however it only holds 11 (SMALL) people.
If one is of "above average" size (like me:() it is VERY cramped. In fact I couldn't fit in a window seat. I mean that literally... I couldn't fit in a window seat, there was not enough room to get my legs in.
Luckily on my trip the bus was only half full, so I just sat in an aisle seat alongside an empty window seat:18: (it was still a bit cramped for me..6'1") and had a wonderful time!

The driver is Colin and he obviously knows his stuff about LOTSW!

Thank you for posting the photo from Stephen very much appreciated . Is the bus a purpose built replica or the age it actually looks , if it is the later then I wonder what year it was built .

Captain, I would say it is an original. You cannot fake the wear and tear it shows when you are actually on it. I do not know what it is or when it was made but I would think it was built before the 1950's at a guess.

On the second pic below you can see how small it is inside. The lady on the left is sitting on the first (single) seat, there is then the aisle and the gent on the right is sitting on the left seat of the two arranged on the right of the bus.
I am sitting on the right seat of the two directly behind the lady on the left side of the bus and you can see there is little room between them. Obviously the average height and size of people when the bus was built was smaller than today.

The lady in front of me had freaked out a bit at the start of the tour. She saw the "First Aid Kit" sign and was concerned that the trip was going to be dangerous!:)

_O2A0356.jpg _O2A0406.jpg

Great pictures Brian , I think it is original as you state imagine the interior has been refurbished for comfort/safety . Given the age and assuming the seats are leather then they could well have been filled with Horse Hair given you have sat on the chairs I guess you could make an informed guess.

Whatever they were filled with it wasn't overly soft!!:08:

Don't take my comments as a negative...the tour takes about 45 mins (or about an hour if Colin stops of at home for a quick "visit" on the way:42:) and is thoroughly enjoyable, entertaining and well worth the relatively small ticket price.
I DEFINITELY recommend it if any LOTSW fans are in the area:):03:

Been there...done that! :03::37::D

I would recommend it to anyone.......one thing to keep in mind though......the bus is an old boneshaker, nothing wrong with that as it adds to the charm however it only holds 11 (SMALL) people.
If one is of "above average" size (like me:() it is VERY cramped. In fact I couldn't fit in a window seat. I mean that literally... I couldn't fit in a window seat, there was not enough room to get my legs in.
Luckily on my trip the bus was only half full, so I just sat in an aisle seat alongside an empty window seat:18: (it was still a bit cramped for me..6'1") and had a wonderful time!

The driver is Colin and he obviously knows his stuff about LOTSW!
Oh, my. I'm almost 6 ft. tall. (My avatar looks nothing like the real me!) Guess I would have trouble with the leg room as well.

Like Alvin and Entwistle you could don roller skates, tie a rope to the back of the bus and hang on for the tow of a lifetime, especially if the bus goes down Scholes Road to reach the White Horse Pub.:eek:

Emma, I am about 6'1" and unfortunately that is in almost every dimension:oops: however I was able to get on OK. I deliberately stayed near the front of the bus, but the seats towards the back have a bit more room, you will be fine!:37:
I recommend the tour highly if you are in the area!!

Gothic, if your belly precedes you by more than about 5 minutes, you WILL have problems on the bus. I just scraped in at 3'30":08:

Do we older gentlemen miss those days when you could party all night eat what you want , drink what you want and still squeeze in your 28 inch Levis without the need of a belt to push your waist up to combine with your chest to give you a sort of V shape albeit a bit wobbly . Would you give up for what you have experienced in your life for one more crack at that lifestyle??

Back