Gravy

Amos Hames 2

Dedicated Member
I might be a minority here but when I get Fish and Chips I don't put Gravy or Curry Sauce on them. Just wondering what everyone else does. If I'm in Yorkshire I'll always ask for Sraps as they don't do that much down south. Your culinary habits please

Salt no vinegar and definitely no chuffin gravy who in their right mind would kill the taste of fish with gloopy gravy just doesn't make sense . I quite like English mustard but its too strong for the chips but a nice tartare sauce compliments the dish , speaking of which I was in Whitby two weeks ago and it had to be the Magpie Cafe for Fish and Chips but I was quite disappointed with the quality mostly the chips however, the biggest gripe I have was the waitress enquired if I would like tartare sauce . I said "Yes" and she plonked a huge plastic squeezy bottle on the table :13: Unbelievable a restaurant that prides itself in quality resorting to nothing short of a fast food joint , just shocking.

Salt no vinegar and definitely no chuffin gravy who in their right mind would kill the taste of fish with gloopy gravy just doesn't make sense . I quite like English mustard but its too strong for the chips but a nice tartare sauce compliments the dish , speaking of which I was in Whitby two weeks ago and it had to be the Magpie Cafe for Fish and Chips but I was quite disappointed with the quality mostly the chips however, the biggest gripe I have was the waitress enquired if I would like tartare sauce . I said "Yes" and she plonked a huge plastic squeezy bottle on the table :13: Unbelievable a restaurant that prides itself in quality resorting to nothing short of a fast food joint , just shocking.
I'm very surprised at this Cap. I always read good things about the Magpie. Mind you I've never been in there. My go to Fish and Chips in Yorkshire is Winking Willie's in Scarborough. Very good closely followed by one in Headingley. But being a southern Nancy lol I have some favourites in London.

Back