Football before the Premier league

Amos Hames 2

Dedicated Member
Wasn't it different then. No huge wages. Boggy pitches. You could pass back to Goalkeepers. No huge transfer fees. Some real hard men in those days. Classic shows like the Big Match . Who in your opinion was the best between 1950 and 1992 before the Premier league. My hero was Bryan Robson. What a player between injuries

I of course have a soft spot for the Toon's 69 Fairs Cup winners as its the last thing we won , until this season hopefully . Of that team Wyn Davies was just the best with his white boots he stood head and shoulders above everyone as this picture shows how did he get that high !!!!

leap.jpg

Wasn't it different then. No huge wages. Boggy pitches. You could pass back to Goalkeepers. No huge transfer fees. Some real hard men in those days. Classic shows like the Big Match . Who in your opinion was the best between 1950 and 1992 before the Premier league. My hero was Bryan Robson. What a player between injuries
I agree with you, I'm not a Man U fan by any stretch but arguably one of the best midfielders ever. I also felt Gazza showed glimpses of brilliances on the pitch, sadly it's the distractions elsewhere he'll be better remembered for. :confused:

Back