February 2014 Ask Susan-Pearl

I love your story Susan!! ;D I always thought that Hyacinth would be too above those in Holmfirth! I could see her pressing her lips with her purse in her lap, lifting her nose at Compo. I enjoyed it. :)

Doing as I am told ........We seem to have lost half a dozen members , has Tony had some cancellations???

I'm sure yesterday we seemed to be nudging 320 , today we're only on 313 ??? ???

I checked all the bounced mails following recent announcements sent out,I then checked these and members that had not visited for 2 years or more were deleted,otherwise every time I send out bulk mails the inbox will fill with bounced mails,and as their mail address is no longer valid I have no way of contacting them

Wow Brenda ;D
OK I'll give it ago.

The Buckets decide to visit Holmfirth for a Garden Party at Ogleby Hall and Ivy has been asked to do the catering, she employs Nora, Pearl, Edie and Glenda has waitress.
( Yes Dick, Big Unc and Chris Glenda in a French Maids outfit......... Never say I'm not nice to you)

Wesley is in charge of the outdoor sound system and he's has Compo, Foggy and clegg helping Howard is there because Pearl wants to keep an eye on him.

Mareina is going because she and Lord Ogleby are old "Acquaintances" And Lady Ogleby has just left him for the chuffing Milkman.

Rose is also invited because she is an old "Acquaintance" of Lord Ogleby who also went to school with the Major so he's invited and gets a lift with the Buckets.

Onslow and Daisy give Rose a lift.

When the Buckets get there the party is in full swing and Compo is chasing Nora because she has her best stockings on, the ones that are not corrugated and he can't control himself when the Major gets out the car he starts chasing Mrs Bucket so he can say thank you to the "Lovely Creature " for the lift and she takes off running when all of a sudden he see's Nora being chased by Compo and can't believe what a beautiful example of English womanhood she is, her hair up under her white work cap drives him mad with passion so he does a 360 degree about turn and legs it after Nora.

Mrs Bucket pulls herself together and spots Rose and Marina fighting like two hellcats over Lord Ogleby and Howard giving the Lord what for because of marina.

At the other end of the garden Nora has found a brush to defend herself with and is now chasing the Major and Compo swinging the brush around her head they run into a tent where Ivy and Pearl are preparing the food and Ivy clouts the Major with a tin tray at the same time as Pearl clouts Compo and they both fall down in a heap. Nora, Ivy and Pearl all give each over a satisfied little nod and go outside to see what the shouting is about, Pearl grabs Howard and Clouts him too then Lord Ogleby see the mood the woman are in and legs it.

In the meanwhile Onslow and Daisy find the beer tent and join Foggy and Clegg to a pint and some crisps. On seeing the ruckus Daisy asks if maybe they should help? But Cleggs hands her another beer and she shrugs her shoulders and drinks the beer.

Mrs Bucket disgusted by the whole scene gets back in the car and says " Take me Home Richard" " I will not be inviting them to any of my candlelight suppers".

:me: :me:

John.................... Is it the French maids outfit you're liking? :35:

Curses, foiled again:( I missed that first time around, good story Mabel, you have a very creative streak( as well as a diabolical one :15:) :16:

I'm not sure I follow that line of reasoning!

I'm not sure I know to what it is you are referring too there Leonard!

Hi im completely new to this forum but a big summer wine fan as well as other classic comedy.i have a large collection of memorabilia and im always looking for new items, holmfirth is brilliant for shopping ! I have most of the danbury mint cottages but wondered if anybody has information on the danbury mint placemats and drinks mat collection , i know it exists from late 1990s i think , but i cant find anything on the web about it .. does anyone know where i can find one ? Many thanks

Hi im completely new to this forum but a big summer wine fan as well as other classic comedy.i have a large collection of memorabilia and im always looking for new items, holmfirth is brilliant for shopping ! I have most of the danbury mint cottages but wondered if anybody has information on the danbury mint placemats and drinks mat collection , i know it exists from late 1990s i think , but i cant find anything on the web about it .. does anyone know where i can find one ? Many thanks
Hi Trev. Welcome hope you enjoy this great forum I think Danbury Mint have stopped selling most LOTSW item's have not come across the placemat's anywhere. Someone on the forum may know where you can get them.

Back