Episodes out of sequence

D

DJWCFC

I've just finished watching the dvds (again) and 23 & 24 got me thinking, is there a lot of episodes there that are out of sequence, for example in "Beware of the Hot Dog" we see Nora leave and then Clegg and Truly talking about her but in the next episode "In Search of Childlike Joy and the Farthest Reaches of the Lotus Position" theres a scene where Pearl and Roz are talking about Nora going to Australia like she hadn't left yet so maybe they should have been swapped around.
Also in series 23 there was Billy being called The Hawk in "Enter the Hawk", surely that episode should have gone after "Getting Barry's Goat" at the beginning of the series to re-introduce Billy as a permenant cast member, then theres also "Potts in Pole Position" that doesn't feel like it should have been the christmas special for series 23 (dvd 24), it should have been halfway through the series seeing Tom went into Auntie's shop like he worked there which hadn't been established before the Potts episode.
Then theres the Christmas special from series 24 (hopefully dvd 25) "A Musical Passing for a Miserable Muscroft" which was put onto the end of the 23 & 24 dvd (but thats another story) with Entwistle seemingly settled in the area and Nora returning in that special (remember she didn't return until halfway through the series filmed with that special) surely that was out of sequence and "The Lair of the Cat Creature" should have been the special that year if there was going to be one at all if anything with the special music in the end credit "A Musical Passing for a Miserable Muscroft" could have been the final episode of that series.
Of course it just wasn't them series where things have been out of place, we can go as far back as the 1984 special and Series 8 with "The Loxley Lozenge" seeing Crusher was already in the Cafe when the trio went there with Wesley and spoke to Crusher like he had already been introduced so maybe "The Mysterious Feet of Nora Batty" should have been the special or not do a special that year also and of course theres series 29 (hopefully dvd 30) when the series should have finished with the Compo tribute one and not the Cannon and Ball episode which with the 2007 date on the end credits (the rest of that series was 2008 on the end credits) that should have been the christmas special, can anyone else think of other episodes that are out of sequence in the show?

I seem to remember somewhere around series 23-25, there is some strange and unexplained continuity issues with Billy Hardcastle and his military/camoaflage clothes. Can't remember exactly now, but Darren may have noticed if he's been re-watching them.

lol, Darren . . . take a breath. Have to get back to ya on all this . . . I'm an early episodes fanatic.

Haha Elmc,, me too! I was first introduced to this show in the newer ones with Truly. But once I discovered the older ones, that's when my obsession with Summer Wine really began.

Back