drunk Wesley scenes

I don't recall many drunk scenes at all in Summer Wine. There was Wally in Greenfingers and then there was Ludovic. When Clarke's characters are so good sober, why show them drunk?

I don't remember seeing any drunk scenes.. If there were any they didn't involve the regulars..

Remember Smiler trying to climb the steps up to Bora Natty`s house, he was certainly a bit Brahms and Liszt :D ;D

I think there were several episodes where some were tipsy as opposed to being drunk (including the regulars). Perhaps we could name some. The Wise Man of the Woods is one to start.

I reckon Gordon Wharmby would have done a very good drunk scene.

Presumably, as his role developed, he seldom drank as he was nearly always driving.

They weren't shown being drunk, but in The Black Widow, Foggy and Compo had raging hangovers from drinking the home brew, so apparently they had gotten drunk.

I reckon Gordon Wharmby would have done a very good drunk scene.

Presumably, as his role developed, he seldom drank as he was nearly always driving.

Did he not have a few in "Happy Anniversary Gough And Jessie"? Did they all not have a few in "Happy Anniversary Gough And Jessie"?

If memory serves Unc, Wesley had "just the one ,I'm driving!" when they were training for the barrel rolling. He was offered another but Compo finished it off. ;)

If memory serves Unc, Wesley had "just the one ,I'm driving!" when they were training for the barrel rolling. He was offered another but Compo finished it off. ;)

I cannot recall barrel rolling in "Happy Anniversary Gough And Jessie". And Wesley certainly had a few when they were leading Gough astray. Just had a quick skim through it. Realised that it actually shows Wesley smoking. Did not recall that. Also noted neat dialogue:

Barry: "Have you ever been led astray, Mr Pegden"
Wesley: "I once bought a clapped out Hillman. I should have known better"

I cannot recall barrel rolling in "Happy Anniversary Gough And Jessie".
The barrel rolling was in " ROLL ON " Unc, remember the barmaids line " I just love him in the smoky grey tracksuit?? "

Then there's always the two geezers, in later episodes,
who are always seen standing outside a pub standing
with their beer glasses, acting half in the bag. Don't
recall who they were, but they were seen in several
episodes, usually making some strange comments.

Then there's always the two geezers, in later episodes,
who are always seen standing outside a pub standing
with their beer glasses, acting half in the bag. Don't
recall who they were, but they were seen in several
episodes, usually making some strange comments.

Cousins Eli Woods and James Casey.

Eli Woods:
Drunk / Villager
– The Incredible Ordeal of Norman Clegg (2002) … Drunk
– A Leg Up for Christmas (1995) … Villager
– Welcome to Earth (1993) … Drunk
– Crums (1988) … Drunk

James Casey:
Drunk / Library Attendant / Villager
– The Incredible Ordeal of Norman Clegg (2002) … Drunk
– A Leg Up for Christmas (1995) … Villager
– Welcome to Earth (1993) … Drunk
– Phantom of the Graveyard (1992) … Library Attendant (as Jim Casey)
– Crums (1988) … Drunk (as Jim Casey)

Blamire, Cleggy and Compo are feeling pretty good at the end of Pate and Chips.
In Getting Same home, Sid and the boys seem a bit tipsy when they hatch the plan of taking Sam's body over to Lily Bless Her's house.

At the end of the Woollen Mills Compo and Cleggy sound pretty tipsy when they leave the pub, but Foggy doesn´t.

Back