Dorset convoy on 11/8/18

RickAns

Dedicated Member
Hi all,

Anyone on here near Dorset and see this very neat convoy of steam powered machines? Must have been a great experience to see them as they made a 14 mile journey from Bovington to Blandford Forum. I think it is awesome that these machines are kept functional and not just static displays.

I must admit I thought of the guys in Full Steam Behind. I was smiling like Foggy would have been just watching the video. Also thought of the episode in 'Allo 'Allo where they get the steam engines out for a parade in Nouvion, as a distraction to get an airplane out of a museum.

Kudos to whoever took the video. Their youtube page also has some neat train vids as well.

Very Good thanks for sharing, also Dad's army had a couple of episodes involving steam engines

Thank you for posting Rick much appreciated . I was watching one of the Dad's Army episode the other day when they are gathering in the Harvest , All is safely gathered in , where he Steam Engine is used to drive the Threshing Machine that Corporal Jones falls into with the immortal line "Captain Mainwaring I have lost that is dear to me ! " which is his papers from his previous service and his trousers I think and not what people believe.

Nice post. We're off in our campervan to the Malpas Vintage Rally this weekend on the Cheshire/Shropshire border. There will be plenty of (full )steam (behind) on show !

Just looked them up online, ferret. Very neat, I bet you have a great time!
Thanks, we always do. Fri/Sat/Sun camping at the show then as i've got two days off work we'll have another night on Monday at a pub site next to the canal on the way home.

Thanks, we always do. Fri/Sat/Sun camping at the show then as i've got two days off work we'll have another night on Monday at a pub site next to the canal on the way home.

When you get home, will you need less time to park the camper van than Jack Harry Teasdale needed to back his caravan into the driveway? Of course, a camper van is probably quite a lot easier to park than a caravan hitched to the car.

I try not to make a drama about it! I've only hit the gatepost once in eight years. It is a bit of a tight squeeze though.

Back