Doctor Who

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
Let's talk Doctor Who.
I've never been a fan but seeing has a lot of men were losing their " foybals " over a woman taking over the role I decided to show my support for a fellow sister and record it to push the viewing figures up by 1. I have to say I really liked it, Jody Whittaker was brilliant, very high energy, quick off the mark and really nailed it in my opinion. I was surprised at the body count to be honest but the alien was really good if a little scary by alien standards, it reminded my of a film but I'm buggered if I can remember which one. I'm decided to watch the series and see how it goes.

Aside from securing the Role, which I am sure will be a great success going by the first episode, I hope Jody Whittaker is remunerated in line with what a Male Actor would be paid for the role. It would be an absolute travesty if Auntie were to continue the practice of paying Female Actresses and Presenters less money, it is nothing short of a disgrace.

" a fellow sister " huh?

Can a sister be a fellow? Or vice versa?
Not sure how it works over that side world but if it was a fella he would be a brother but then again I'm broard minded and embrace my fellow man woman gay trans what ever makes you happy.

Aside from securing the Role, which I am sure will be a great success going by the first episode, I hope Jody Whittaker is remunerated in line with what a Male Actor would be paid for the role. It would be an absolute travesty if Auntie were to continue the practice of paying Female Actresses and Presenters less money, it is nothing short of a disgrace.
Yes, me too. One can but hope auntie gets dragged kicking and screaming into this century at some point.

I had been hearing some hype about the show recently. Meant to ask peoples opinions on what they thought about the coming new Doctor. Is Michelle Gomez still playing the Master / Mistress character? I liked her in Green Wing but not seen her in anything else. Planning to watch that series if I can get the whole thing. Was a female Master well received? Maybe she was testing the waters for a female doctor.

I have enjoyed some of the older Doctor's over the years (up to the eight doctor) but not really had access to an entire series. Not seen much of the newer Doctors. Had Jodie Whittaker been a popular actress before becoming Dr. Who? I see she has done a lot but was she someone you thought would be in a high profile role like she is now? Wish her the best of luck and more power to her.

With the Doctor being an alien that can regenerate I am fine with a female doctor. If they change James Bond to a Jane Bond, not so sure about that. Even though I am more of a fan of the older Bond movies than the newer ones.

It just stinks of political correctness to me.
Been a Dr fan since Jon Pertwee was fighting the Daleks with what back then was some great story lines (but haven't aged well!!!) ..

Tom Baker (who I didn't realize was still alive!) , Jon Pertwee (died on my birthday :() and more recently David Tannant have been by far the best Dr's to me..

But this PC rubbish ruins things for me.

Rich to answer you questions, I really liked Jody Whitaker as an actress, if you want to see her in something watch Broardchurch. As for the Doctor Who questions I'm afraid I don't know, I'm not a fan and only watched to see how she handled it and was very impressed. Give a go if you can.

Been a Dr fan since Jon Pertwee was fighting the Daleks with what back then was some great story lines (but haven't aged well!!!) ..

Tom Baker (who I didn't realize was still alive!) , Jon Pertwee (died on my birthday :() and more recently David Tannant have been by far the best Dr's to me..

If you're able to put the " pc rubbish " aside you may even like it. If the Doctor is an alien that can regenerate then surely by those standards it would unusual for it not to happen! I think being open minded about a life leads to a more enjoyable time, friends and viewing.

Thankfully things have moved on , I applaud Ben Elton who continually has a satirical dig at this nonsense in Upstart Crow , where Kate is always trying to swim against the tide that all female roles have to be played by men , in the show this is Condell .

It isn't PC to hire the best person for the job, it's simply good business!

Back