Did you know Billy's new recruit?

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
Last night I was watching 'Who's that merry man with Billy then'. That's the episode in which Billy gets a new recruit. If you remember, Billy is waiting at a bus stop for his new recruit. People get off the bus and go their separate ways, that is except for a very powerful looking woman with a stern but happy face. The reception committee stare in disbelief and Billy's jaw just hangs open. I don't recall or rather didn't recall seeing this woman in anything else on the Telly. How wrong I was. I watched the credits come up at the end of the episode and watched for who was playing this domineering strong athletic female. I saw the name but could not believe who the actress was playing the part. Valerie Leon. She was, and still is, a very beautiful seductive woman. I thought that there must be more than one actress with that name. Today I searched the web for Valerie Leon. You will find her and the clip at the bus stop at this web addy.
That has to be the best makeup and acting I have ever seen. Maybe you already knew who it was. Looking at the faces on Clegg and co I get the impression that they weren't acting. It's as though they were expecting an attractive woman. I think the makeup had been kept secret. You can see the bus stop scene under 'Showreel'.

Goodness me Peri how right you are. I'm sure the picture on her website in leathers and a whip will certainly get Dicks heart racing.

You chaps will never need a defibrillator for any heart issues . If your heartbeat slows just need to show a picture of that certain motor cyclist from our show or Valerie Leon both of which will make your heart race , what about slowing it down ?? All suggestions welcome I'm sure if you then set both pictures as alternate Screensavers that you can flip between then that's you sorted for any heart murmurs. ;)

When the show aired in 2006 Valarie Leon was 63 .
She was too young for me in 2006 Captain and she is still too young for me BUT, when she was 7 years old, I was twice as old as she was so, at least we're going in the right direction. Trouble is, these days I feel three times older than she is. ..........
I think I've got that right. :44:

You chaps will never need a defibrillator for any heart issues . If your heartbeat slows just need to show a picture of that certain motor cyclist from our show or Valerie Leon both of which will make your heart race , what about slowing it down ?? All suggestions welcome I'm sure if you then set both pictures as alternate Screensavers that you can flip between then that's you sorted for any heart murmurs. ;)
I daren't have pictures of those two ladies as screensavers. If I did I would need lifesavers.o_O

This morning, on GOLD, I saw Glenda stood on a chair in a red dress, in A Quick Blast OF Fred Astaire, displaying her left leg and an ample display of other attachments. Barry was on the floor looking for a ....MOUSE. ...... IS HE NUTS? :oops:

I was twice as old as she was so, at least we're going in the right direction. Trouble is, these days I feel three times older than she is. ..........

Its like those old maths exam questions Peri, for example if a train leaves Glasgow Central station at 08:10 and travels at an average of 65 mph with a distance of 250 miles how far will it travel ................................... before the buffet car runs out of Tennents Lager ! :)

She was absolutely stunning the Carry On Films, and clearly not up for a vanity project playing the LOTSW character!!!!

Sally Anne Field another beautiful woman in her day, but sadly with all the plastic surgery didn't think she fitted in well to her episode, Eva's Back In Town.

I don't want to start quiz off as that's Terry's job but it does make you think about how that confusion could occur with other actors/actresses who , unlike clowns, each one has a unique moniker i.e his boat race make up design which is registered, can share names that confuse us regularly . If anyone wishes to quote an example please feel free , all bets are off with the Fox family ! ;)

Back