Dedicated follower of Fashion.

Amos Hames 2

Dedicated Member
Has anyone got any old clothing still from years gone by that they were embarrassd wearing at the time . Kipper Ties or Flares. Shirts with big Collars that sort of thing. Or hairstyles that were of the time.

I've never really been a follower of fashion anyone who knows me will attest! However I've always bought the best shoes I can afford, all my formal shoes are British made and goodyear welted which means the soles can be replaced many times. In the long run they're a better investment than mass made ones as mine last over 20 years.....

Unfortunately Barry the cobbler in Holmfirth has now retired. We used to save up our shoes & take them there for repair. Cheaper than where we live & ready in a hour or so, at least a week here!

I think men tend to have a penchant to keep a range of different waist size trousers in the sheer belief they will at some point return to the jeans/trousers they wore when they were young .

Unfortunately Barry the cobbler in Holmfirth has now retired. We used to save up our shoes & take them there for repair. Cheaper than where we live & ready in a hour or so, at least a week here!
Glenda heard rumours this was Barry's latest hobby to replace Golf for the umpteenth time, thankfully it was just Cobblers!

I still have a pair of brothel creepers from my youthful punk days. Bought in Manchester about 1980.
Oldest clothing probably band t shirts from a similar year.
Sad news about the cobblers, that hut really was part of old Holmfirth.

I still have a pair of brothel creepers from my youthful punk days. Bought in Manchester about 1980.
Oldest clothing probably band t shirts from a similar year.
Sad news about the cobblers, that hut really was part of old Holmfirth.
Brothel Creepers. Is there something your not telling us lol

Well, I just sent off two bags of clothing that I could not feature wearing ever again. So good to have that clothing gone.

Back