Daughter Ashley going to Mexico

Beth

Dedicated Member
I shared this on Facebook but wanted to share this here as well.

Ashley is leaving for Mexico this weekend. It is an internship for school. She will be leading teams in building houses for the needy there.

When she was little she played with Legos and train sets. She would always be building bridges for her train. It's funny how you remember certain things that was an inspiration to her later on. I never would have thought those times I was sitting on the floor with her when she was 4, listening to her plans with this bridge would be an indication of what she would be doing later on in life.

Anyway, keep her in your prayers for this summer. I couldn't say this on Facebook because I don't want Ashley to know that I am worried. I am concerned about her going across the border. I have been assured that she will be with a group at all times but I am a worrier.

Thank you all. You are my extended family.

Beth

I sure you must be very proud Beth. Well done to Ashley and the best of luck with her new venture :respect:

Thanks Big Unc. I like the Willie Nelson song and I love Santana! I will play them whenever I think of her. ;)

Funny you say that Adanor. I have reminded her 100 times. ;) This past month she starts the conversation with "Yes mom, I will stay with my group always". I say, you had better!..then we have our normal conversation. I think it stuck. :)

will be thinking of her beth, i'm sure she will be fine there as long as she stays with the people going with her

You'll worry like a mad thing and she'll be having a whale of a time, trust me you never stop worrying and when the grandkids come alone you worry more. Tell her to take lots of pictures so you can post them for us to see ............. Oh and tell her to stay with the group ;)

Beth, I also will be praying for Ashley for safety. She will be fine with the group of people she is with. hope she doesn't drink the water!;D. Nothing that a shot of tequila wouldn't take care of. Went back in the late 80's, my friends got sick, not sure if something they ate or the water.

You may wish to be aware of the fact that there are parts of Mexico which are under control of drug lords. I'm sure that your daughter's group is far away from that part of Mexico and as long as she stays with her group, everything should be fine.

Yes very aware of that Adanor. Most of my anxiety comes from that knowledge but I have been assured they won't be close to those locations. ;). Can't help but worry but feeling like she is doing what she loves.

Her biggest concern is learning the language which means to me she is completely focused on her job. My job to worry only. ;)

Back