Cricket and the Ashes

Thats why I love test cricket the most, anyone can whack the ball around the stadium in a limited overs game, but to defend every ball takes true skill and is actually more exciting to watch....

Thats why I love test cricket the most, anyone can whack the ball around the stadium in a limited overs game, but to defend every ball takes true skill and is actually more exciting to watch....
I used to think that way too... I played the game for 25+ yrs too.... Loved it lived it from U8's upwards...
But these days at the end of the 40th over, 1 for 1 - endless blocking and nothing happening just doesnt do it for me anymore, rather watch paint dry...

I used to think that way too... I played the game for 25+ yrs too.... Loved it lived it from U8's upwards...
But these days at the end of the 40th over, 1 for 1 - endless blocking and nothing happening just doesnt do it for me anymore, rather watch paint dry...
You clearly haven't watched Ben Stokes enough :42::42::42::42:

Have you noticed that English cricket captains are mostly chosen from established batsmen whom, for some reason, tend to lose their skills with the bat when made captain? :oops:

Have you noticed that English cricket captains are mostly chosen from established batsmen whom, for some reason, tend to lose their skills with the bat when made captain? :oops:
Absolutely spot on ! Geoffrey Boycott awful captain, Botham - form dipped when made captain, Smith playing better than ever when stripped of captaincy, Stokes the same when he was stripped of vice captaincy. And Root.... you know where this is going!!!

Back