Credits Why Bother

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Over the years TV credits no longer serve their purpose, some years back they started to scroll them so quickly you had no chance of reading them, okay if you recorded the show you could use the pause button and if you were lucky you would see the name of the person whose name eluded you.
Then to make matters worse a few years back they started to split the screen,so the text was even smaller.

It was only clever producers that made this hard for the TV companies to do, LOSW was a classic in doing this with the show ending around the final credit, The Scottish show Still Game still does this with another minute or so of the show at the end of the credits

In these days of modern technology it could be easy for you to register your interest in a show and once it is shown they just email you the credits
Yet go to see a movie and the last 20 minutes of the film is credits, hands up anyone who sits through them all

IMDB is pretty comprehensive in giving the full cast and crew for most shows . I find it more difficult getting information regarding snippets of music in shows and adverts and find myself rewinding live TV to try and Shazzam to discover who it is and the title of the song .

IMDB is pretty comprehensive in giving the full cast and crew for most shows . I find it more difficult getting information regarding snippets of music in shows and adverts and find myself rewinding live TV to try and Shazzam to discover who it is and the title of the song .
Yes, PBS has the awful habit of running credits that are impossible to read. IMBd is an EXCELLENT SOURCE of credits, actor bios, and other interesting facts concerning almost any TV show or movie and the actors/actresses appearing in them. They used to have an extensive reader comment section, but alas, they killed that awhile ago.

Some of the American shows that wizzed the credits were so fast I felt travel sick. If I go to the flicks and have really enjoyed the movie I sit and atch all the credits has mark of my approval with added bonus of really really annoing him in doors as he usually huffs and puffs all the way through.

Some of the American shows that wizzed the credits were so fast I felt travel sick. If I go to the flicks and have really enjoyed the movie I sit and atch all the credits has mark of my approval with added bonus of really really annoing him in doors as he usually huffs and puffs all the way through.

I know you paid all that money to see a film and your going to sit there till the very end

I am sure you are not of an age that you would remember when they played the National Anthem after the film Pearl, but if they did that today I could see you being the only person remaining, tutting at people as they showed a lack of respect by leaving rather than showing reverence .

The use of credits has changed over the years, and end credits on TV do indeed go up too fast and get made smaller by the split screen effect.

It is totally insulting to the credited people who have all helped to make the show.

I find it interesting watching an old war movie, the credits have about 50 people in them.

Watch a modern movie, and theres about 2000 people get a credit - enough to go through 2 songs!
No wonder movies cost so much these days (add to that the actors getting 20 million a movie)...

Back