Contract Negotiations

gothic

Administrator
Staff member
That time of year again, BT contract ran out last month (I only know because my bill suddenly jumped from it's usual £45.49 to a whopping £58.59)
So, got on the interweb and researched a few possible alternatives. I had vowed to find a package that was substantially less than the one I had. The only one that fitted the bill was from Talk-Talk (eughhh!! curse me for swearing) who were offering fast fibre + landline for just £31.ish So I started the sign up procedure, entered my phone number and postcode only to be told that sorry, you line is not suitable for fibre, that we have no fibre customers in your area and please leave us you email so we can get back to you when we can supply fibre. Hmmmm I thought. Got onto the telephone (Finding their number was a bloody nightmare in itself) and spoke to Steve....... in Bangladesh! I explained to him the result of my internet attempt and he said sorry, could I wait while he carries out a telephone line test. So fine, 3 minutes later he comes back to me and says, "Sorry, your line isn't suitable for fibre, and we don't have any fibre customers in your area, please call back later. I then explain to him that I already have fibre to the home from BT, that I can already download @ 76Mb and upload @ 28Mb and he says sorry, your line is not suitable for......... I hung up. GITS
To cut a very long story to something not quite as long, as a last resort I telephoned BT to re-negotiate, expecting the usual 5 or 10 pounds reduction for a 24 month contract.. WHOA did I get a surprise, I got a seriusly industrial sized discount for a 12 month contract. For the package that currently costs £58.ish it has been cut to £35.ish, even less than before.

WELL DONE BT

These days if your with BT it is always worth speaking to them at renewal time to see what deal can be done, also when you check your online BT account sometimes there are deals tucked in the account info, I managed to get get 2 years infinity 2 for £15 a month plus line rental, though saying that a contract is not a contract when it comes to internet providers, they can put the price up during the contract and often do.

Yes I was concerned that my communications bill was the largest single expenditure item on my monthly outgoings. A call to my provider resulted in a 40% saving as I pointed out that being a customer for 27 years was not appreciated!

The price of my mobile phone has gone through the roof ................... have you seen the price of Heinz Baked Beans :eek: ........................ the cost of two tins and a ball of string has gone up 30% since I last renewed :08:

If TalkTalk where the only internet provider left on the planet I'd go cold turkey and live has I did in the 80's. I is always worth ringing. My Vodafone contract is up in a few months so going to shop around and something better.

Where I live the only decent mobile coverage is Vodafone, I discovered talk Mobile use the same network yet their simple sim cost on a monthly contract was about 35% cheaper, I have been with them for 4 years with no problems, and being a monthly contract if they gave me grief I would be gone

Back