Compo's ladies

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
In THE SUIT THAT ATTRACTS BLONDES and also ONCE IN A MOONLIT JUNKYARD Compo has to escape from two formidable ladies. Both of them called Babs! I wonder if Roy Clarke intended using the same name or did he make a mistake ??:eyesroll:

Makes you wonder Dick if it was an error, though Clarke used surnames in the series several times for different characters

To say nothing of Babs Avery who arrived with Tom and Mrs Avery . Compo and the cast would run a mile from her , never being chased , if she started to sing.;)

I assume it was meant as a running gag - Compos “Babs,” the unseen former girlfriend who was horrible from everyone else’s perspective. Often mentioned and in “Once in a Moonlit . . .” kept hidden in the motorcycle outfit.

I’ve always thought they kind of blew the gag in “The Suit that Attracts Blondes.” The Babs we see there doesn’t live up to the image. She’s neither large or even unattractive.

Clarke probably decided to use the name for Mrs Avery’s niece as a sort of reference to the earlier gag. She seemed to be the type.

I assume it was meant as a running gag -

I’ve always thought they kind of blew the gag in “The Suit that Attracts Blondes.” The Babs we see there doesn’t live up to the image. She’s neither large or even unattractive.

Clarke probably decided to use the name for Mrs Avery’s niece as a sort of reference to the earlier gag. She seemed to be the type.
Rose coloured glasses there Sarkus ?She's orrible ! Still to each his own ! :eek:;)

Back