clegg/howard houses?

R

Relear

did they film inside the actual houses of Howard and Clegg or was that used for only outdoor scenes?

without actually knowing the answer i would reckon in my own opinion the insides were all studio sets because it would have meant that the residents would have to remove all there furniture and that would be a real pain. Maybe i'm wrong but that's what i would think.

did they film inside the actual houses of Howard and Clegg or was that used for only outdoor scenes?

Yes all the internal shots as far as houses and inside Auntie's were done in the studio,most of the pubs were filmed inside,not sure about the cafe as on the odd occasion it did appear they did some filming inside,I was there for the very last episode which was filmed inside what was a pub,I could not believe how little room there was once all the equipment was up plus all the crew,not much room left for the cast

"Yes all the internal shots as far as houses and inside Auntie's were done in the studio"

Not exactly true. Many of the shots from inside to outside
were done on site. For example, one or more shots taken
from inside Clegg's Jackson Bridge home show a border
collie running past outside the door. That border collie (forget
it's name) actually lives there. We have met it and played with it.

So those shots from inside were actually taken from inside
the "real" home rather than the studio home.

Talking of houses...I have always been curious to know where Foggy actually lived.In one episode(The Phantom)he appears to live in what i would describe as a tight knit type of street.Then we see him emerge from somewhere different in(Walking stiff can make you famous.. iirc).In (The return of the warrior) it appears that he now lived just across from Wesley and Edie).I am sure i heard mention something like Arnold Cresent in (The man from Oswestry).

Hector

The answer is simple - in order not to allow any military secrets to slip out he always varied his route - one view was the front of the house, another the rear and the third when he used another alternative exit!

The trained killer needed to to be the master of camouflage and concealment.

It was Foggy's style as well when he first arrived - always on about the military aspects ....

When Foggy made up a moped for Compo it looked he was at the back of the house,you could tell that the cafe was in the studio as when Ivy slammed the kitchen door in the early episodes(cafe grotty and dirty) the whole wall shook!

Back