Character Surnames

Barrychuckle

Administrator
Staff member
I always find it interesting many of the characters haven't got know surnames or are very seldomly mentioned. Ie Howard & Barry I think they are Sibshaw & Williams from memory.

Is Marina's surname ever mentioned?

Thanks Adrian so it is, I remember now! I think Howard & Pearls surname is only mentioned once by Glenda in one of the last episodes, I don't recall it being mentioned any other time.

I can't remember Maria's surname ever mentioned or hinted at. Thinking about it now I can't recall Sid and Ivy's surname either. Eli's was Duckett. It was on a poster when he was going to conduct the orchestra in the episode The Man Who Nearly Knew Pavarotti. I like to think he was the brother of Aggie (correct spelling?) Duckett mentioned in the episode Who's Dancing With Nora Batty?.

Also is Auntie Wainwrights first name ever mentioned, she seems to be referred to as Auntie by everyone!?

I am probably repeating a previous thread, but, Compo reveals his fathers surname was Withenshaw, yet he presumably uses his mothers maiden name Simmonite, as I missed very early episodes this was new to me I have just watched " Here we go into the wild blue yonder"

Back